Your Top 5 must visit places...?

Sparkle

We haven't ventured out of spain with our m/h yet (need more time as we can't go that fast with an old dog van like ours.....But we're quite happily exploring places around Spain, and I wondered what your Top 5 of places to visit was....

Can be anywhere......We know we have to see the Picos de Europa - we just need extra time to get up there!

So far, mine are all in Spain but here they are:

1. Segovia

2. Albarracin

3. Cuenca and the surrounding region

4. Galicia - whole region is just beautiful

5. Montserrat (near Barcelona)

Sparkle

If you like a good walk I don't think anywhere can beat the Ordesa National Park in the Spanish Pyrenees.

The walk through the gorge takes all day but the views are great.

There's a campsite at Torla and a shuttle service to the gorge in summer.

Early/ late in the year you can drive up and park at the end of the gorge.

:-|

I realy don't think I could pick a top 5, I've been to so many places that I've liked it seems I can't choose which to leave out, It's very easy to say Great Barrier Reef or Milford Sound, and I suppose these are the headline ones, but I have seen quite corners of a field that have pleased me just as well.

• 1 month later...
colin - 2008-05-31 6:55 PM I realy don't think I could pick a top 5, I've been to so many places that I've liked it seems I can't choose which to leave out, It's very easy to say Great Barrier Reef or Milford Sound, and I suppose these are the headline ones, but I have seen quite corners of a field that have pleased me just as well.
Likewise, we have done the long distance destinations, Capetown, Perth, Sydney New Zealand etc. But we have just bought our motorhome to see more of the UK.

Suffolk & Norfolk

Scotland

Wales

Ireland but a place in Europe I would love to go above all others would be Verona for the Opera.

Archived