Your christmas list...

Sparkle

Martina Coles new book

A new doggie a border collie but thats out of the question

perfume but he says I get that all year round

Cd phill Collins cause I have lost mine

And an old stevie wonder one as well a few dier straights lots of music please.

apart from that me health.

The young one long long ago would of been

Tiny tears

A chopper bike red

Kurplunk

Monopoly

Beno

Dandy

Typewriter

Some of them things that break your wrist when you bash em together klackers

two tennis balls

A Harmonica.

J9withdogs - 2007-12-04 11:58 PM

I've ordered myself a bread-making machine - now isn't that exciting!

I daren't even go there with a bread machine....I'd be eating it all day long if I did!!

Janine - check out this great recipe site... its wonderful...and has 796 recipes for bread!! That should keep you busy...

http://www.grouprecipes.com/s/bread/recipe/1/relevancy

J9withdogs - 2007-12-05 10:01 AM

Wow, Sparkle, those recipes look wonderful! I'll post you a loaf over to Spain (lol)

You're welcome...

It is a great site - you can search by loads of different things, flavours, ingredients etc.... and bookmark stuff so you don't need to keep printing it out etc etc..... I drool over it most days!!!

Guest Tracker
Mike Parke - 2007-12-05 9:56 AM

How about Peace & Tranquility and more understanding?)

Hear hear - and more tolerance of all the blithering idiots, government morons, petty do gooders, interfering busy bodies, and other pains in the bum that help to spoil our day sometimes!

J9withdogs - 2007-12-05 10:01 AM

Wow, Sparkle, those recipes look wonderful! I'll post you a loaf over to Spain (lol)

Not for the bread machine, but I recall you like chocolate.....

Chocolate Bread

We enjoyed this bread with an entree served at the Cafe at the Frick in Point Breeze. When we told our server how much we liked it, she handed us a copy of the recipe. The rich, chocolate flavor of this bread should help you overcome any fear of baking with yeast.

2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/3 cup warm water

4 1/2 cups all-purpose or bread flour

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 teaspoons salt

1 1/4 cups warm water

1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate (we used Nestles semisweet chunks)

Egg wash (one egg plus 1 tablespoon water mixed)

Stir yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar into 1/3 cup warm water and pour into a large mixing bowl; let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes. (Our kitchen runs cold unless the oven is on, so this takes a bit longer.)

Mix flour, remaining sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir remaining 1 1/4 cups water into dissolved yeast, then stir in the flour mixture. Stir in chopped chocolate last. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.

Place dough in greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in volume, approximately 1 hour. (Again, this might take longer depending on the temperature of your kitchen.)

Turn risen dough onto lightly floured surface, punch it down (the chocolate will be very gooey -- resist licking your hands until you're done) and divide in half. Form each half into desired shape and place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. (Tester's note: We took one half of the dough and shaped it into two small rounds; the other half we separated into three ropes and created a large braided loaf.) Cover with plastic wrap again and let rise until doubled in volume.

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Brush loaves with egg wash and bake in 450-degree oven for 10 minutes, Then reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes more or until bread sounds hollow when bottom is tapped.

Cool, serve with sweetened cream cheese.

Note: In the unlikely event you have leftovers, this bread is great slightly heated (wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds) and lathered with a smudge of butter or margarine. Do not attempt to toast in a toaster -- the chocolate will run!

(lol) (lol) (lol)

Janine - Don't forget that special Crimble loaf you're doing for us here in the Spanish wing of the MMM Towers Home for the Dazed and Confused!

Not too many posting days left for it to wing it's way across the EU.......

:-D

J9withdogs - 2007-12-04 10:58 PM

I've ordered myself a bread-making machine - now isn't that exciting!

Something else that will end up in the cupboard J after a couple of weeks (lol) I make it a rule not to except household gifts. But this year Im determined not to ask for anything untill the sales as Im sick of seeing everything half price afterwards.

Then buy in the January sales with the following Christmas in mind Mags. Not something I would do, but the wife gets everything from cards to wrapping paper and the odd presents at this time. Saves on money and no last minute rush looking for things.

I've asked for a new little shovel to collect the dog poo round the garden as my old one has gone rusty and the handle keeps dropping off. 8-)

Oh, and a new frying pan - no, not to hit Chris with, I've got an old one for that! (lol)

What I have given strick instructions NOT to give me for Christmas is chocolate and biscuits ... 'cause I never eat the ruddy things and end up giving them away. :-(

I used to always ask for a 500 piece 'quality' jigsaw puzzle, nice and easy for people to buy, didn't cost the earth, easy to wrap and I enjoyed doing them. Trouble is I've now got over 300!!!!!!! :D

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2007-12-07 5:05 PM

I've asked for a new little shovel to collect the dog poo round the garden as my old one has gone rusty and the handle keeps dropping off. 8-)

Oh, and a new frying pan - no, not to hit Chris with, I've got an old one for that! (lol)

Judicious use of the angle grinder would recycle your old frying pan into a formidable poop scoop Mel and Chris would be ever so grateful!

Archived