Zolpidem

Syd

I have just watched a program on Sky TV about a man who suffered head injuries in an accident.

He was given Zolpidem as a sedative but the results were absolutely stunning.

My son has cerebral Palsy and is quiet severly disabled, cerebral palsy is brain injury too, and now I am off on yet another ever hopeful "Praying" trip trying to find out more.

Will be hitting Skype hard tomorrow morning for sure

If you are at all interested have a look at

http://www.regentherapeutics.com/regenplc/home/

and scroll to Zolpidem to read the case story

Mel B - 2008-12-15 8:31 PM

Hi Syd

Just been reading this lot on the web - interesting stuff!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2006/sep/12/health.healthandwellbeing

I sincerely hope it works for your son.

Many thanks to the well wishers. Yes Mel that is the man that the program was all about at first but it also covered the actual administering of the treatment to a lady who had been "asleep" for two years. I think she had had two strokes

Ten minutes after taking a half tablet, crushed and with a little water added that turned it into a paste, she was a little more relaxed, then she was given the second half of the tablet, ten minutes later (20 mins in all) she opened her eyes, smiled and shortly after that she quietly said "How are you keeping" then a few moments later she sat up, I think, by herself and looked to me as though she wanted to get off the couch. She spoke a few more times and looked around at the people that were there and her eyes were focussed.

She is still not anywhere near fully recovered but she is awake and talking and can do a few little things for herself

Absolutely astounding.

While I know that Cerebral Palsy is slightly different it is still brain damage so we live in hope, once again

Found the tablets on sale over the counter at My Pharm in USA @ £79 for 30 tablets under the USA name of Ambien.

Now going to make apointment with our doctor to talk this through, do not have too much faith in GPs really.

There is absolutely loads of info about these tablets on the internet though.

Might well benefit from a course myself

Hi Howie

Well there are ALWAYS safety issues with all drugs one just has to weigh up the odds against, with the benefits that might be gained, and make your own call.

There are some un-palatable issues listed for this drug but with Lee not being mobile then most of them will not affect him really other than maybe being a bit unwell for a day or two. Dizzy etc etc as with all sleeping pills

Guest Tracker

Syd, Obviously it's better to have GP backing but I would support your thoughts on self medication for Lee, assuming your GP will not cooperate, as you are with your son every day and on hand to quickly notice any changes - good or bad.

Many years ago we did just that when our GP was unable to stabilise my late wife's thyroid. She simply began to take the medication when her own body was telling her that it needed help - and not when it didn't - instead of a regular 'one size fits all' daily dose. Over a two year period we stabilised her thyroid by, we figured, sort of 'kick starting it into normality' and medication became no longer needed. Our GP at the time agreed with and supported our actions although he was quite sceptical to start with.

The medical profession simply does not know all the answers and treatment often comes down to a matter of opinion. It would be immoral for you to have to pay for this medication but if that's what it takes to get your GP to accept that it works - assuming it does work for Lee - it might be worth a go?

No doubt you are aware that there are many fraudulent websites selling fake and at best ineffective and at worst dangerous medications so please do be very careful where you buy from.

Good luck.

Syd - 2008-12-15 12:39 AM

I have just watched a program on Sky TV about a man who suffered head injuries in an accident.

He was given Zolpidem as a sedative but the results were absolutely stunning.

My son has cerebral Palsy and is quiet severly disabled, cerebral palsy is brain injury too, and now I am off on yet another ever hopeful "Praying" trip trying to find out more.

Will be hitting Skype hard tomorrow morning for sure

If you are at all interested have a look at

http://www.regentherapeutics.com/regenplc/home/

and scroll to Zolpidem to read the case story

Syd,

Sorry the above I must of lost / Just to say good luck mate I hope you find something like us always searching ..Mine is the same Syd and whilst Epilepsy and global learnng maybe you just never know about ths drug .

So once again good luck fingers crossed . Syd what were you watching and what channel was it on, maybe sometimes you can watch a snippet on the interenet.

Meanwhile Merry Christmas to you all

Archived