animals

ROON

Sorry, there isn't an Animal forum (I have requested one) so didn't know where to post this... hope I don't offend anyone who doesn't agree with my objection to the topic, but for those who do, please sign - IT WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME ... much appreciated. Thank you. Joy

QUOTE: Even before a bull is killed in the bullring, he is tortured. Petroleum jelly is smeared in his eyes to blur his vision, and he is violently beaten around the head with sandbags to disorientate him, among other cruel acts. Once in the ring, the bull suffers unbearably as lances and barbed spears are thrust deep into the flesh of his back and neck. Blood pours from his wounds, and he is so weak and confused that he can barely stand. Only when his torturers are sated by his suffering is the bull finally allowed to die: a blade is plunged between his shoulder blades, severing his spine.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/bullfighting08

It seems strange that fox hunting(which I'm not a supporter of) has been banned in this country, but the much more cruel sport of bull fighting continues in spain, but I guess fox hunting is viewed as an upperclass sport and bull fighting is more for the mass's

I dont know what kind of people get pleasure in watching the torture and death of innocent animals but its a sad fact that it happens! I dont think that outsiders can influence the traditions of other Countries, this govenment had enough trouble outlawing fox hunting in this Country. It is up to the people in Spain to do something about it Im sure there are people just like us that would like to see it stopped and they would have much more clout.

Hi Maggy, You are right in that it IS down to the Spaniards eventually .... but until all the tourists stop taking the site mini-buses to these horrendous spectacles there is no chance. :'( We can but live in hope. Joy

I think you'll find the amount of tourists visiting the bull fights extremely low.... it is still very popular with the spanish. But even now some Spaniards are perhaps seeing the light and many towns do not have their own bull ring (but have a temporary one which visits at certain times of the year).

I abhor bull fighting, and cannot watch it, either in reality or when televised.

Archived