Guest Le Thou

• 9 months later...

I know exactly how it all went wrong Michele. Le Thou got his fingers burnt when he thought he could take a pop at you with impunity. Fair enough, and he got what he deserved, but this whole thing is starting to sour what can be a really enjoyable and informative forum.

Take a look at most of the recent postings. Insults, threats, namecalling and personal bile.

Not for me i,m afraid, and many other users, new and old, will feel the same, but crossing that fine line between banter and bad feeling can so easily be avoided by simply refusing to rise to the bait offered by the likes of Le Thou.

Told you all this before. I know how you love a good verbal punch up but this one has gone to far and time for everybody to give people like Ant the cold shoulder until they are ready to make a positive contribution.

Mick H. - 2008-07-24 11:21 PM

howie - 2008-07-24 11:09 PM

PROOF that Ant and Michele once spoke to each other in a friendly and civilised manner. Where did it all go wrong?.

Everybody joining in and stirring dont help

Sorry Mick, missed your posting. Not stirring, just fed up with all this bickering.

howie - 2008-07-25 1:01 AM

Mick H. - 2008-07-24 11:21 PM

howie - 2008-07-24 11:09 PM

PROOF that Ant and Michele once spoke to each other in a friendly and civilised manner. Where did it all go wrong?.

Everybody joining in and stirring dont help

Sorry Mick, missed your posting. Not stirring, just fed up with all this bickering.

Not aimed at you in particular Howie just like somebody else said, leave it alone and i might go away.

Came on to reply on the POLL thread, which THANKFULLY seems to have disappeared! to say that it was started by Le Thou about the number of threads (postings) I started and then there was the LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE thread - which was virtually saying the same thing and that those of us who joined in were nothing but mindless idiots.......... but as of last night there were at least five threads on here which despite how they started off - ENDED up with the Le Thou and Michele saga.... It is impossible to start a new thread without this happening... I know for certain - and I guess I am not alone - that I will not be contributing as much to this forum - which saddens me as I feel there are some wonderful people on it and I have made some lovely 'friends' ..... but my life could be miserable enough if I allowed it without being dragged down even more.

Thank you Mods for removing the POLL thread which I am sure stopped many new guests from staying on the site; you made a very wise decision.

You are so right, Joy.

Unfortunately there have always been mindless vandals who come and try to destroy what is essentially a very good forum.

I, for one, always stop joining in when it descends to these levels of childishness.

If anyone wants to join me on the Saga Zone forum, you would be most welcome!

I agree with Joy/Janine completly and have avoided posting on any of the topics that include the slanging matches that do the forum no good at all, but will not be driven of a forum which I enjoy, so just complety ignore it and carry on, though it saddens me to think what new motorhomers to what is a essencially a good forum and a bit of fun will make of it, although I have said all this before, lets hope it gets sorted. Carol. :-(

You know what I just wrote a whole thing and lost it ..

It basically said you are quite right all of you and I am sorry if it has spoilt it for you .I am really glad we are not all the same the world would be a boring place .This guy has insulted everyone including you ladies J9 was a Dog K9 joy you were something the other night. Carol he said something that I thought was rude to you .

Dont have ago at people that are willing to stand up and defend such as Donna Dave Syd Myself ..

I certainly know that next time he says anything to you guys I will sit in the background and not say a word .

He can stay in Coventry from now on . And although its spoilt it for you guys if you look at the ratings you will see it doesnt for others .

each to their own .

*-) *-)

Guest Le Thou
michele - 2008-07-25 2:35 PM

It basically said you are quite right all of you and I am sorry if it has spoilt it for you .I am really glad we are not all the same the world would be a boring place .This guy has insulted everyone including you ladies J9 was a Dog K9 joy you were something the other night. Carol he said something that I thought was rude to you .

Dont have ago at people that are willing to stand up and defend such as Donna Dave Syd Myself ..

I certainly know that next time he says anything to you guys I will sit in the background and not say a word .

He can stay in Coventry from now on . And although its spoilt it for you guys if you look at the ratings you will see it doesnt for others .

each to their own .

*-) *-)

Not say a word ?? Halle-bloody-lulah I will beleive THAT when I don't see it !!

michele - 2008-07-25 2:35 PM

each to their own .

*-) *-)

Michele, I am aware that in his own way Le Thou was rude to me but you know I don't know the man if that is what he is, I have no desire to know who or what he is, and certainly have no intention of coming down to his level and having a slanging match with him.

Michele your posts on the other hand can be enteraing informative and funny, I have no intention of falling out with anyone but prefer to ignore childish remarks when made to me, like those you refer to off LT. Carol.

I am one of those new motorhomers mentioned and also new to the forum. When I first registered it was for the purpose of learning the do's and dont's and also picking up useful tips. I have also posted a couple of questions myself. I have also taken part in what, at first, seemed an idle, but fun pastime, that  of trying out the word games, the song games etc. After a while I began to realise there were some real personal issues between some people, whether real or virtual. The language was getting offensive and so I decided to step back from it for a while. The only person I felt I could possibly respond to positively was ROON. Now, I don't know who this Le Thou is, whether he is known or just living in virtual reality, but I looked up the name on google and found it to be a rather small, one might even say, insignificant commune in Poitou Charente. Perhaps this says it all!
Hymer C 9. - 2008-07-25 3:30 PM
michele - 2008-07-25 2:35 PM You know what I just wrote a whole thing and lost it .. It basically said you are quite right all of you and I am sorry if it has spoilt it for you .I am really glad we are not all the same the world would be a boring place .This guy has insulted everyone including you ladies J9 was a Dog K9 joy you were something the other night. Carol he said something that I thought was rude to you . Dont have ago at people that are willing to stand up and defend such as Donna Dave Syd Myself .. I certainly know that next time he says anything to you guys I will sit in the background and not say a word . He can stay in Coventry from now on . And although its spoilt it for you guys if you look at the ratings you will see it doesnt for others . each to their own . *-) *-)
Michele, I am aware that in his own way Le Thou was rude to me but you know I don't know the man if that is what he is, I have no desire to know who or what he is, and certainly have no intention of coming down to his level and having a slanging match with him. Michele your posts on the other hand can be enteraing informative and funny, I have no intention of falling out with anyone but prefer to ignore childish remarks when made to me, like those you refer to off LT. Carol.

Hi Bootbags, Carol and Janine, Please note I only said I wasn't going to contribute AS MUCH. I have made lovely friends on here and the three of you are amongst those to whom I have come most close. I shall certainly be looking at the Saga zone along with other forums I already post on, and on which I have a lot of good friends.

I am not falling out with anyone Michele. It is just that no matter which thread starts up it seems to deviate off topic and end up in the usual row... and loads of language used which MUST for sure put off a lot of people from posting. Le Thou has tried to get to me on a couple of occasions, but I just rise above it - I would hope - and try and respond in a way that makes it impossible for the thread to deteriorate. He is ent*tled to his opinion of me ... if he doesn't like me that is fine.... I can't be liked by everyone and probably have a few enemies out there cos I don't, whatever you think, sit on the fence. Indeed my posting about how silly some of the threads have become is standing up and speaking out for those people who found them quite offensive but were too warey to speak out for fear of being dragged into the arguments. Also, believe it or not, I was trying to stop the site being ridiculed by other sites who must revel in the level they actually stoop to in the end.. I don't want this fabulous site to suffer.

I try and help EVERYBODY - yourself included- and guess what, if Le Thou were to say sorry Joy didn't mean to upset you .... then I'd just accept it cos that is part of my 'self-made' religion and I'd move on. Peter, bless his cotton socks, comes out with some pretty near-the-edge postings but we all laugh because we know it is just him, and so the list goes on. All I was saying is that I will be limiting my contributions to the forums and will be doing as Janine says she does, from now on .... just stop posting on those that deviate to a slanging match .... no matter who it is with. I have no problems with Donna either and think she makes some very important observations and contributions, as does yourself, or anyone as I havn't been on the site long enough to know who is really who or anything about them. Onwards and upwards as the saying goes. Joy

Back from France now

I think you will now find that this forum has been "Cleaned up" by the Mod's and perhaps a warning or two has been issued to one or more posters.

I believe the Mod's are now monitoring this forum much more closely

I believe that those warnings will be rigidly enforced in the event of any further lapses.

Please feel more relaxed from now on ladies, and post to your hearts content on the friendliest forum going

Archived