bid on ebay

KD

ive got the mh on ebay item number 180179683789

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180179683789&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=008

anyway i have had a bid and the bidder emailed me with this message

hi i have put a bid on your camper can you confirm that it is in excellant cond. I am a Headmaster form Hastings Boys' High School in New Zealand and have been given a sabbatical starting April 12 my plans at the end of 14 weeks travel to take the camper back to New Zealand. Payment would be 5,000 pounds wired to yur acc. and the balance to be paid in person within 7 working days when the it would picked up by a friend this all of coarse if i am successful.My school wedsite for confirmation is www.hastingsboys.school.nz regards ROB STURCH

there are alot of spelling mistakes for a headmaster and i smell a rat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be that he has dyslexia? Or is a bad typist? I'm a fully feldged touch typist but still make mistakes, yes I know, it's hard to believe ... but I am human!!!! :D

Its really funny though, I've just had a look at their website which has a piece on it entitled "Principals oppose text language in exams"!!!!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10409902

the motor home is too tight you cant pass each other with a caravan we can put the kids to bed at night shut a bedroom door and relax in the lounge area. floor space there is alot more with caravan plus a awning

K&D - 2007-11-17 4:36 PM

this all of coarse if i am successful.

Hi K & D,

I would agree with your instincts and the other posts - it sounds like a scam.

A headmaster may mis-spell because of finger trouble but he would never confuse 'of course' and 'of coarse'.

Regards Cattwg

Hey K&D, don't worry, we'll still love ya! :D

Oh, just one question though, have you ever put up a caravan awning before? If not, can you tell us when and where your first outing will be as I could do with a good laugh!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Hi K&D, sorry but only just caught on to this post. I sold our VW Westfalia to a guy in Australia with this sort of arrangement. He actually wired us the money (75% of the agreed price) 3 months before he flew over to collect the van. It's a long story but I will witter on about it more if there is interest. This was about 8yrs ago and not on E-Bay. Good luck with the van.

Martyn

Archived