bonjour from carol and charles in cold, windy brittany

carolh

hello folks

Well we are on the downward slope now, what a summer!

We have enjoyed ourselves - and are planning on doing it again next year - but maybe somewhere a bit further south.

the weather has been unseasonal to say the least, certainly no settled sunny spells, and even now I am sat with my fleece on and the temperature must be only 14 degrees out there, it's been very disappointing to lots of our clients - I know you don't come to brittany for the weather, but some warm and sunny days in august would be good.

Our last families leave on the 7th and then a frenzy of cleaning and putting the mobiles to bed for the winter, then we are extending our work by a week and going to Dol de Bretagne - Domain des Ormes and doing the inventry on their 200+ mobiles and then a leisurely trip back to blighty - and being home by the 5th October.

So onward and upward - a bientot.

Oh yes - Mel and Chris are popping in to see us on the 25th all being well.

Carol et Charles

Hi Carol & Charles, good to hear from you, a few of us met up at Malvern last week end and were wondering how you were getting on, sounds as if you got it sorted, and planning the same next year, hopefully when you get back we could have a Indians summer and have a few nice weeks here in September. Carol & Ed.

Hi Carol (lol) its dissapointing to hear you have had an awful summer, we were planning on Brittany for next year weve never been before! our 6 week trip through Holland Germany and into France this year was really too hot for us and the dog, we enjoyed Germany but we were dissapointed in France, but maybe that was because of the places we went Loire and across to to the Limogen area to visit one of our Sons which was really the main reason for going back that way. Youll have to give us some tips on the best areas to visit for next year.

As everyone has said its been rain rain and more rain here! I hope your garden isnt as bad as ours was 8-) but I bet it will be its been a good summer for growth and weeds. Its good to hear from you anyway and will look forward to talking when you get back. Margaret.

• 3 weeks later...

We visited Carol and Charles whilst we were in France, dropped in on the afternoon of Monday 25 August and stayed for the night on a pitch next to theirs overlooking the bay, lovely. We then went out for a meal with them a the local restaurant, very good and well priced nosh!

Before we left I took a photo of them in their uniforms so you can see them in all their glory!

1820772302_CarolCharles.jpg.6d5ff14c9fc2ce0869c296bada267ad3.jpg

still cold wet and windy!!!

but it's all over now, we leave St Cast on Saturday morning, then a night on an aire at saint benoit de ondes, then onto dol de bretagne early sunday for a mooch round, then onto our next job at le Domain des Ormes it's just the other side of dol - for a week of counting knives, forks and spoons and suchlike - doing the inventories on 200+ units!!!

we leave there on the 23rd and make a slow journey up to calais for the ferry on the 2nd October, a night in canterbury and then home..............

It's gone so quickly, the campsite is a deserted now as it was in april when we arrived as green as could be, we have seen it all now - well nearly all, had some good times and some not so good times, but we have survived. We have been offered employment for next year, and have requested somewhere warmer!!! and we should know by the end of october where our summer residence will be!!

It will be good to get back and have a bath!!!!! A good long soak, with candles and a glass or two of red! We will probably need the candles to keep warm, goodness knows how much our fuel bills will have risen by!! and all the other bills of course.

a bientot.

Guest Tracker

Hi Carol,

Dol de Bretagne we found to be pretty little town with friendly natives and a free Aire (signposted in 2006) in the car park within a short walk to the town centre.

Enjoy!

Archived