campsites

carioca

Clean facilities, friendly management, sensible pricing, a picturesque outlook and a pub within staggering distance would be high on my priorities list. We're off this weekend to a small site run by a pub in South Shropshire, £6.50 a night inc hookup and as its been wet recently they've said to use the top of the car park instead of the camping field. Facilities are basic with just one outside loo but at that price I'm prepared to cope with that. Let you know what its like when we get back Sunday ;-)

D.

Dog friendly - we have two

People friendly

Good "little" shop on site for bits and pieces - as opposes to large supermarket chain type shop.

Good local walks

Grass rather than hard standing - I like to walk on the wet grass with bare feet in the morning - odd I know, but I'm harmless in most other respects.

And having experienced one on the site we now use as a seasonal pitch, we really do like having a small licenced club on site. When we arrive on a Friday for a w/e away - it is a delight to set up, then wander over to the bar for a few beers, a meal and a chat with fellow campers.

:-)

michele - 2007-10-17 12:43 PM

friendlyness clean something to do.

come on michele you can do better than that, what do you mean by something to do?

i like a site not too far out of a town or village so we can stroll to the local eatery & talk to some of the locals or sit out side watching the world go by (lol) ;-)

Guest Tracker
howie - 2007-10-18 7:01 PM

Anywhere I can get in late and sneak off early without paying. 8-)

Now now Howie are you trying to nick the crown from the king of tight fistedness awarded me by someone whose name escapes me?

Guest Tracker
CliveH - 2007-10-17 1:40 PM

Grass rather than hard standing - I like to walk on the wet grass with bare feet in the morning - odd I know, but I'm harmless in most other respects.

:-)

So do the dogs Clive!

carioca - 2007-10-18 6:54 PM

michele - 2007-10-17 12:43 PM

friendlyness clean something to do.

come on michele you can do better than that, what do you mean by something to do?

i like a site not too far out of a town or village so we can stroll to the local eatery & talk to some of the locals or sit out side watching the world go by (lol) ;-)

Same as you really I like to watch the world go by I love people watching I could do that for hours sat outside a resturant . Shame we dont do more of that in England. ;-)

Archived