caravan pump juddering??

tracey

Hi there, - i'm new to caravanning (only got my first van second hand 2 weeks ago) so don't talk technical to me please! the problem i have is when i turn the water pump on the red indicator light keeps going on and off and when i run the water its as though the tap is being turned on and off either hot or cold, (although it isn't) and the water pump is making a clicking noise - has anyone got any ideas what i need to do. the people on the site i was last on all tried to help but no one has come across this problem before so no one could help. My water heater is working fine by the way any suggestions will be of help. thankyou tracey x

Initial thoughts: It could be an air lock in the pipework, you need to ensure that you get all the air out of the system by running the taps for a while. I assume that the pump is remaining submerged and not bobbing up and down in the water container, thus pulling in air? Without knowing the type of water delivery system you have it's difficut to offer more help, sorry.

Archived