central heating temp.

mansell

Not sure what you mean by optimum water temperature Mansell as this would suggest a temp. that suits you with regard to the central heating. Most gas central heating systems are pre. set around the 80c mark maximum with output then left to you. Howard.

Its all a bit of a trade off, at high setting you get up to temp quicker, but as you say rads get uncomfotably hot, at low setting you can hold hand on rad, but it takes longer to heat house up and your pump runs for longer. Personely I prefer a low setting and rads I can touch.

Anyone know of a way to reduce domestic water pressure?. Turning down the stop tap only reduces the flow and not the pressure, so is there a device that can be plumbed into the pipework or is this a outside job for the water company. Howard.

Hi Colin. Back in June the Water Board carried out some work in our local area and straight away you could see a difference in the pressure just by turning on a tap. Since then i,ve had to replace three tap washers, but what worries me is that the valve regulating the pressure into the central heating boiler could be damaged resulting in a fairly expensive replacement, or so i,ve been told. I gave the Water Board a ring earlier on and they confirmed that they could drop the pressure on a localised basis, and whats more they have assured me they will look into it first thing in the morning, although i,ll believe that when I see it. At least I now know that I don,t have to go to the trouble and expense of doing myself. Howard.

Archived