don't put washingout

ROON

I'm off for two days! :-D Don't know where. Don't care where. But don't put your washing out - it's sure to pour down - always does 8-) But it doesn't matter .... I am away with the fairies....

All behave yourselves now and BE HAPPY!

Hugs to you all, Joy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all... Went to the river at Little Town, Ribchester and then to a farm and then to Whalley Abbey...... Gorgeous weather and so good to be away. Going to try and post photos now of the river, the farm field and part of the abbey... here goes. Joy

Mick, I am about to juimp out of the window!!!!! Taking the stupid comp[uter with me... don't see why it shouldn't suffer too ........ Yep. I have reduced the size of my pictures and everything else supposed to do. But then my silly machine can't find them and says 'there is no file of that name' OR IF IT CHOOSES it refuses to accept that they are in jpg format... aaaaaaaaaaagh switching off and going for a cup of tea.

Talk later..... *-) :-( Joy

why did God not give me brains ....... I really am a good girl, I help other old ladies across the road and don't deserve this ;-) >:-(

ROON - 2008-07-29 3:27 PM

Mick, I am about to juimp out of the window!!!!! Taking the stupid comp[uter with me... don't see why it shouldn't suffer too ........ Yep. I have reduced the size of my pictures and everything else supposed to do. But then my silly machine can't find them and says 'there is no file of that name' OR IF IT CHOOSES it refuses to accept that they are in jpg format... aaaaaaaaaaagh switching off and going for a cup of tea.

Talk later..... *-) :-( Joy

why did God not give me brains ....... I really am a good girl, I help other old ladies across the road and don't deserve this ;-) >:-(

Re: there is no file of that name, You havn't by any chance put the pics into a new folder or anything. That really blows the puters mind.If its refusing to accept that they are jpg,s put the pics back through a Save as again and make sure it's a jpg 'save as type.'

(lol) Thanks Mick. Hit it in one. Going to try again...

By the way, I did what Lord Thornber said at one point, I attached the photos as to an e mail to myself so they had to be small, but they still won't then come to this site....

Talk in a mo.

Can someone tell me if I can delete all the failed postings above :-( - don't want to advertise how silly I am. ;-)

Aaahhh. I see you have been there before, Janine.... :-D

Mick!!!!! It is STILL telling me no file of such name, when I have just saved it to that name goodness knows how many times. >:-( getting really cheesed off now. Also tried doing it another way and reduced size by 50% saved it to another name, and it still tells me no file of that name...

I have done it in the past and it worked .... why is it not working now.

GIVE UP!!!!!!! I highlighted every one of the pictures from the camera EXCEPT THE ONE IT HAS DOWNLOADED (IN SOME SENSE LIKE IT IS BEING TRANSMITTED FROM THE MOON) BUT it has downloaded the one not ticked and listed and won't download the ones I ticked...... which I wanted downloaded..

I am sure I am doing something really simple, and stupid... why won't my computer open up a photo when I type in the proper name I have given it. The ones I sent as an email come up but with eml at the end so won't download. Oh going for a scream. >:-(

Oh I hope so Carol.

Right. I have just gone into Picasa2 and saved all the photos I wanted to download to one name. Now what do I do? How do I reduce them? How many pixels make a 100 kb? AAAAgh. will have a go now .... again!

Oh, I'm stupid... I'm gonna go and dye my hair and try again!!!!! Feel really thick. :-(

Right re Picasa 2. How do I reduce size of photos.

Once I have edited photos and I go to order photos it says I need internet connection to do this.... well, guess what I AM ALREADY CONNECTED.

I am calm

I am peaceful

This is not bothering me at all

I am at one with the world

I am serene

For a flying duck's sake, I'm really cheesed off!!!! I've spent nearly all afternoon inbetween going to see to other people, trying to get these photos sorted....... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh ... BUT

I am calm Iam peaceful Iam at one with .... oh bugger it.

Right. not slept all night. I can't do it the way you all do it sooooo I have had an idea. If I copy the photos onto a word document and then paste them onto here..... that should work so here goes.

FAILED

:-( It let's me copy it but won't let me paste it on here. Why?

Mick, sometimes such as when I do Martyn's Lord Thornber instruction on send it as an email attachment , it won't as on this occasion allow me to save it as file type jpg .... why and can you tell me re the above posting about how many pixels in a 100 mgb or whatever it is I have to limit it to..

failed:

Carol, I am determined to crack this. Why when I do everything I did before, and I am doing exactly as instructed will it not work. I have reduced the photos by 50%.

They aren't particularly good or interesting but I'm not gonna give up.

FAILED:

RIGHT... ten minutes later: Mick, Click on google images. pick an image that is only , for example, 33k, and which is in jpg format. Save it as: Huh!!!? WHY DOES IT COME UP AS Bmp and not JPG .... and save as file type doesn't include jpg's. *-)

Hi Janine, Yes Picasa BUT

Right re Picasa 2. How do I reduce size of photos?

Once I have edited photos and I go to order photos it says I need internet connection to do this.... well, guess what I AM ALREADY CONNECTED.

crying crying crying ..... :-(

Janine, have pm'd you re the instructions that I got on the Picasa Help webpage, but the buttons they say should be there, just arn't!!!! :-(

Oh Joy!

I am with you on this - all the way :'( I am still trying to upload a photo on my control panel - thanks for your help by the way. Michele also very kindly sent me lots of helpful advice and I ended up emailing pic to her so she could reduce it and return to me. So far so good BUT when I then saved her copy on my computer it saved it as the higher spec again - I've now given up for a week or so then will try again!!!! >:-(

Archived