e-bikes ...

Birdbrain

It depends on the range of your battery,will it cover the distance that you intend to ride ?. Will you be ok riding if the battery runs out ? An e-bike with flat battery is heavy to ride. Carrying a spare battery will of course increase the weight , but this does not matter if it does not run out. My wife has had an e-bike for 10 years,at first she relied on its own battery, ( about 40 miles ). She really struggled when the battery ran out. She carriers a spare now in a pannier bag just in case.

Brian B

Thanks for the reply ... My hubby kindly had a bike donated to him with a Yamaha motor and battery, my bike that I received for free has a Bosch motor and Bosch battery ... Have to say the Yamaha battery seems to last much longer than the Bosch one ... Maybe I peddle a lot faster than hubby

Have done a couple of thousand miles on e-bikes, only once ran out of power, but that depends on how far you go and how much assistance you use. When I first got a ebike I thought a second battery would be needed, but experience shows otherwise.

As for how many miles you get from a battery, that depends on how big the battery is, my latest bike has a 500whr bosch battery, prior to my hip problems I would only have the power on when going uphill or against headwinds, now I have it on 1/5 most of the time, then up it when going uphill, I'd guess it will do around 50 miles per charge.

colin - 2020-09-17 11:23 PM

Have done a couple of thousand miles on e-bikes, only once ran out of power, but that depends on how far you go and how much assistance you use. When I first got a ebike I thought a second battery would be needed, but experience shows otherwise.

As for how many miles you get from a battery, that depends on how big the battery is, my latest bike has a 500whr bosch battery, prior to my hip problems I would only have the power on when going uphill or against headwinds, now I have it on 1/5 most of the time, then up it when going uphill, I'd guess it will do around 50 miles per charge.

Yes I get around 60 miles in eco mode but wish I had bought the Yamaha powered bike like Hubby has as that battery seems better

Barryd999 - 2020-09-17 11:01 PM

you lazy Twunt! Im a fat fecker and even I can manage to cycle round here which for sure isnt flat.

Get a proper Hovis Pedal bike like most Yorkshire men have. Pansy! (lol)

Cycling to your outside toilet and tub at the top of the garden every Thursday isnt cycling ... Please refrain from disrupting serious threads please and I have reported the insult that ends your post to the moderators ... Just because Bullet gets away with homophobic insults does not mean his monkey should ... Gay Lives Matter as well if you hadn't noticed

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 6:51 AM

you lazy Twunt! Im a fat fecker and even I can manage to cycle round here which for sure isnt flat.

Cycling to your outside toilet and tub at the top of the garden every Thursday isnt cycling ... Please refrain from disrupting serious threads please and I have reported the insult that ends your post to the moderators ... Just because Bullet gets away with homophobic insults does not mean his monkey should ... Gay Lives Matter as well if you hadn't noticed

Oooooooooh Hark at Her!!!!

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 9:13 AM

Thanks for the PM ... Yes my Bosch battery seems to now be performing better but no I dont know wether you can wire the batteries up to other toys for long lasting "fun" ... Maybe look on line or ask your buddy what he does

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 7:43 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 9:13 AM

Thanks for the PM ... Yes my Bosch battery seems to now be performing better but no I dont know wether you can wire the batteries up to other toys for long lasting "fun" ... Maybe look on line or ask your buddy what he does

I Dont have any buddies. Thats why I was asking you. You seem to be the expert on here in the "toys" department.

Ok then Spawny eyed parrot faced wassock :-D

Archived