faulty remis blinds - hobby 725

vikkibeetles

:'( Hi there folks Have just joined forum today. We have hobby 725 purchased last year from a dealership I do not wish to name. Since July this year have been having a battle with them to replace all the blinds which are part of the faulty batch previously mentioned on various threads. We are still waiting to have these blinds replaced and the vehicle has been with them since mid October (service, Truma recall etc). Have had very poor aftersales care. Has anyone else had problems with these blinds and if so, how soon did they get replacements. (?) Wondering which is the next course of action as I have already had the Customer Service Manager involved to chase things up. I do feel that 8 weeks of keeping the vehicle is long enough with no course of action from them. Please give us some advice. :-S

Hi Vikki. There are ways and means to retension blinds, but if as appears in your case these were a faulty batch, and the dealer has agreed to replace them (under warranty?) , then its better to wait and let the dealer sort this out. They may be waiting for the new blinds to arrive, in which case there,s no need to leave your van with them as this is not that urgent with re. to using it, and in the meantime leave them in no doubt that you exepect them to rectify the matter as soon as is reasonably possible. Howard.

[QUOTE]vikkibeetles - 2006-11-27 2:06 PM :'( Hi there folks Have just joined forum today. We have hobby 725 purchased last year from a dealership I do not wish to name. Since July this year have been having a battle with them to replace all the blinds which are part of the faulty batch previously mentioned on various threads. We are still waiting to have these blinds replaced and the vehicle has been with them since mid October (service, Truma recall etc). Have had very poor aftersales care. Has anyone else had problems with these blinds and if so, how soon did they get replacements. (?) Wondering which is the next course of action as I have already had the Customer Service Manager involved to chase things up. I do feel that 8 weeks of keeping the vehicle is long enough with no course of action from them. Please give us some advice. :-S[/QUOTE] Hi Are you talking about the blinds that developed black marks or is it some other problem? Don

We had our Remis blinds replaced within a few days last year. Our dealer, Nene Court Motorhomes in Wellingborough is very efficient. We have only had a couple of things go wrong with our AutoTrail and they sorted them out each time within a couple of weeks. Forget the large dealers, they only want your money!

[QUOTE]howardtcz - 2006-11-27 6:19 PM I don,t think its the question re. mould on blinds Don. This is Vikkys first posting and I think its to do with a manufacturing fault. Howard.[/QUOTE] Howard, The black spots weren't caused by mold but by a faulty manufacturing process as you say. Full details at http://tinyurl.com/y4xd3j Don

Vikki

It isn't clear why your motorhome is still with the dealer.  Nothing about either the blinds or the Truma recall should cause them to keep the 'van.  If the Truma work has been completed there is no risk from the blinds so, the 'van can be used quite safely.

I would suggest you re-post this query under Motorhome Matters rather than Chatterbox.  It'll be easier to keep tabs on.  However, go to Motorhome Matters and use the search facility, enter Remis and Remifront in the keyword search, select Motorhome Matters as the forum to search, and set the timescale to one year.  Look down your results for a string from 21 January 2006.  In that you will find a verbatim extract from a letter from Remis UK accepting liability for the problem and, if I remember correctly, a description of the fault and its cause. 

I suspect part of your problem may be that your dealer has gone back through Hobby UK to Hobby Germany, who in turn have gone to Remis Germany, who are re-supplying your blinds back up the same chain. 

Mine were among the first spotted and the replacements took quite a while as Remis had to work out what had gone wrong.  However, once they knew, they replaced without argument.  The defect has to date apparetly cost them in the order of £6M, so I doubt one more set will upset the apple cart!

Talk to your dealership and ask for an update, and an explanation of why this is all taking so long, but be prepared to be patient.  See if you can get some indication of who they notified of the defect, when, and what information they have received in response.  God's German mill does indeed grind slow, but it also grinds exceeding fine!

I think another part of your particular problem may be the timing.  Most of the dud batch would have surfaced over the past spring and summer, so yours are running well behind the main defective group. 

Someone at Remis is probably having palpitations in case yours are the vanguard of a new defective batch, rather than the dying kick of the old one! 

If you draw a complete blank with the dealership come back, and I'll suggest an alternative strategy.

Regards

Archived