ferry prices!

carolh

We have decided to have a long weekend in France - 16 - 19 November - so yesterday logged onto:-

Sea France and got a price of £31 each way for 6.5m mh,

then looked at Norfolk line and it was £99 each way + a charge for being over 6m!

p & p £43.50 out and £37.5 back

same times - 2am on the 16th and 11am on the 19th

So Sea France it is - it's their saver fare - non refundable and a charge to amend the time etc.

I am amazed at the difference in prices - don't norfolkline want us anymore - last time we travelled with them at this time of year the boat was nearly empty.

Carol

We've used SeaFrance nearly every year since we've been down here. Usually go to their website just after Christmas "to see how much we'll need to budget for," & find they're quoting around £70 return (van +2, July/Aug, sensible times). That prompts me to say "We'd better book quick, while they're offering a price like that!"

Often do a day-trip end of Nov or early Dec (not at all a Booze Cruise), and up to now that's been by tunnel for speed and stability. This year they quoted a silly price, and we've booked SF for £35 return (only in the car at present . :'( :'( ). We'll take a chance on the state of the sea!

Tony

Guest JudgeMental

thinking of booking the Eurotunnel 5 return trip offer for next year, has anyone any experience of this. and how does it work exactly, do you have to book dates/trips in advance?

JudgeMental - 2007-11-05 7:25 PM

thinking of booking the Eurotunnel 5 return trip offer for next year, has anyone any experience of this. and how does it work exactly, do you have to book dates/trips in advance?

Tis me my young man that does this guilty mulud.

10 trips it termed as not five they count the 10 singles it cost £390 for the year . It not the cheapest but it does not fluctuate unlike the ferrys But for us there the added bonus of just driving on down as and when . No sorry full up mularky .

You book the 10 pay there and then thats for the year now this price£39 I have to say is for a car then if you take the M/H you pay £9 additional each way so an extra £18 you can only travel out after two oclock and you must return before two oclock thats it really . The good thing is years ago when we used to book the shuttle for our summer trip it used to cost £380 4/500 now it is gaurenteed to cost only the £48 so to us its a big saving :D most of all we like the convience the train is always going so not hard to get on one early or if your late not get penalised. :D

Thanks for the info Michele - have followed up to see if we could take trailer and Smart car aswell - just another £39 each way if we really feel the need - definitely cheaper than the "wet" ferries!

I feel more trips coming our way now...... B-) B-)

Guest JudgeMental

fanxs Michele

By example say next summer trip, do you still make your booking in advance?

I would think Easter, half term etc.. best to book early as usual?

Fink I will leave till the new year then trip's can include next Christmas as well. thats if its not by a calander year is it - but it must be a year from when you book?

Guest Tracker
When looking at ferry costs don't forget Norfolk Lines who seem to offer some very keen prices, particularly if you are happy to travel late at night.

Have just passed info on to hubbie and he is now rubbing his hands together in glee - thinking of all the shopping we can do on a regular basis..... He particularly likes the fact that 24 hours notice only needed to book - makes the odd weekend away easier and, to our minds, more enjoyable - question - Devon or France? *-) (we live about the middle of South coast)

With the news on the radio just now saying that the average price of petrol has gone over £1 in the Uk, following diesels move to that bracket last week, the (slightly) cheaper diesel in France will add to the pleasure too! B-)

Catinou,

Its the best way we have found we never have to book months in advance even at Easter Christmas summer holidays also.

When we found that we where paying all that money year after year to get across for our annual summer holiday we started to look around .

Fortunately they started a thing like Tescos collect your points so I found myself collecting and shopping in Le Coggles for Cigarettes for everyone basically anything they wanted this used to get me the points to use on the next trip.

They stopped doing this and done the one off payment and we are now known as frequent travellers .

Never had a problem yet actually I must tell you all that the CC that you book it in is the person that always has to travel so I pulled a fast one there . I booked it in my credit card so that way hubby can't go without me they do stipulate that also you must make sure you have it with you at all times . As soon as you get to bookin that is the first thing they check.

If I fancy going early in the morning peak times I just pay the extra its not that you are actually stopped .

If you book now example it runs out exactly this day next year and as I said before now I just save one trip for the summer holidays one of the five returns . Sometimes hubby books 5 returns and I do also that way we have 10 on the go we stagger them throughout the year he takes his mates I go with the girls :D then we have load with the kids and each other .Its fast nice and easy and there is nothing to buy at the shuttle so we save money as well :D

The nice thing for us is say like today he is off the weekend we only have one of the kids I could phone as late as now book for tonight because its after 2pm go tonight be in Le Touquet tonight spend the weekend there or Brugge and be home on Sunday just like that :D We love it also we tend to have alittle snoozze whilst crossing afer a cuppa.

Its nice to wake up to Bonjour and welcome you are here we have been known to shut our eyes and suddenly you are there :D quite a shock really its so fast no messing and straight off and onto the road at the other end.

Anyway good luck happy travels.

catinou - 2007-11-07 2:18 PM

Have just passed info on to hubbie and he is now rubbing his hands together in glee - thinking of all the shopping we can do on a regular basis..... He particularly likes the fact that 24 hours notice only needed to book - makes the odd weekend away easier and, to our minds, more enjoyable - question - Devon or France? *-) (we live about the middle of South coast)

With the news on the radio just now saying that the average price of petrol has gone over £1 in the Uk, following diesels move to that bracket last week, the (slightly) cheaper diesel in France will add to the pleasure too! B-)

just noticed where you live apparently a friend does the same on a boat from portsmouth fareham hants .

Guest JudgeMental

Surely the credit card that trip is booked on needs to be present/presented, not necessarily the owner of the credit card....

whats to stop me lending my card to my sister for a trip?

As, you can book in automatically with the card at amchine and only show passports at customs......

Home - Passengers > Products & services > Frequent Travellers > Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus Tickets types and fares

FlexiPlus fares

Self Check-In

Group Bookings

Frequent Travellers

Fares, dates and times

Register now

Book now

Terms and conditions

Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus

Insurance

Benefits

Our prices

How our prices compare

Buy or renew now

Important notice

How to get help

So you think you are covered?

Accommodation

Hotels

Holidays

Ski

Disneyland® Resort Paris

Eurotunnel Shopping

Shops in the UK

Shops in France

Preorder your shopping

Travelling with Eurotunnel

The Eurotunnel experience

What do you drive?

Bicycles

Disabled users

Where to find us

Pets

If you are making more than 5 return trips within 12 months and require extra flexibility and convenience, Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus is the ideal solution for you.

FlexiPlus allows you to turn up early or late - even if you are booked on a specific departure, you can travel on the next available shuttle (subject to availability). Also, if you wish to amend your booking you can do so at no extra cost.

Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus allows you to enjoy the exclusive benefits of FlexiPlus and save money at the same time.

A telephone number exclusively dedicated to you is available once your registration is completed.

>> How to register

Simply call our Contact Centre and pay for a minimum of 10 single Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus tickets for only £119 each.

You will receive a Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus Account number and password, which you will need everytime you book.

>> How to Book

Just call our Contact Centre and quote your Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus Account number and password.

The registered Frequent Traveller must travel on all bookings.

Don't forget to book before you travel.

Bookings cannot be made at check-in on the day of travel.

It is essential to book before travelling to enjoy the benefits of Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus, and to avoid any disruption to your journey.

If you are travelling during holiday and busy periods, book early to avoid disappointment. All tickets are subject to availability.

Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus Accounts are valid for 12 months from the date payment is made.

Terms and Conditions

Please read carefully the Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus

Terms and Conditions

Amendments

Bookings can be amended up to 24 hours prior to travel (subject to availability).

Cancellations

If you cancel your journey, the value of that journey will be credited to your Frequent Traveller FlexiPlus Account for use later in your registration year. If you cancel the Account any outstanding credit is non-refundable.

© 2007 Eurotunnel. All rights reserved.

Pets are part of the family - so we treat them just as we would treat any other passenger.

Since the introduction of the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS), it is so much easier to travel with your pets.

Since February 2000, over 138,000 pets have crossed the channel with us. We were even highly commended in the 2004 Winalot Approved Dog Friendly Awards.

>>The Eurotunnel pet experience

Important!

Make sure you advise us at the time of booking that you are travelling with a pet.

Convenient! Your pet stays with you throughout the 35-minute crossing.

On your return, BEFORE you enter the Eurotunnel site, you will need to visit the Pet Control Booth situated on the right before the Check In lanes so we can carry out the necessary checks.

We will read your pet's identifying microchip and check its passport and documentation to prove your pet has received all the necessary vaccinations and treatments (e.g. rabies injection and tick and worm treatment). Checks or passports do not apply to rabbits and pet rodents.

Tip! Our UK and French terminals have exercise areas for your pet to ensure it is comfortable before boarding.

>> Pet travel costs to bring your pet back into the UK

Dog cats and ferrets

£30 (€46) per animal (direction from France to UK only).

Registered guide dogs travel free of charge.

Pet rabbits and rodents ("Guinea pigs", "mice").

They travel without a passport and free of charge! However they should be declared at the British Frontier Control.

For more information on necessary documents to travel with your rodent, please contact DEFRA.

For other animals

If you travel with some other species or with more than 5 pets, please contact our Contact centre.

Tip! You are charged only to transport your pet back to the UK (direction from France to UK).

The Pet

Travel Scheme

Domestic pets travel under the PETS passport scheme as notified in our Conditions of Carriage.

For the most up-to-date information on the PETS scheme please refer to the DEFRA* PETS website.

Eurotunnel advise you to contact DEFRA to see the consequences in case of failure to comply to the PETS regulations.

*DEFRA : Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

>> Need a friendly pet hotel?

Many hotels on the Continent do accept pets, but do check before booking. Since we teamed up with Active hotels, we can offer you some fantastic deals on over 10,000 hotels across Europe.

Check out the amazing choice of hotels on offer. (check whether individual hotels accept pets).

© 2007 Eurotunnel. All rights reserved.

carolh - 2007-11-05 4:37 PM

We have decided to have a long weekend in France - 16 - 19 November - so yesterday logged onto:-

Sea France and got a price of £31 each way for 6.5m mh,

then looked at Norfolk line and it was £99 each way + a charge for being over 6m!

p & p £43.50 out and £37.5 back

same times - 2am on the 16th and 11am on the 19th

So Sea France it is - it's their saver fare - non refundable and a charge to amend the time etc.

I am amazed at the difference in prices - don't norfolkline want us anymore - last time we travelled with them at this time of year the boat was nearly empty.

Carol

Also with Sea France if you add £10 to the cost of the fare,each way you can faf them around as much as you like with the times you travel

Mick H.

For those interested, E-bay regularly has Tesco travel ( P&O ferries) vouchers up for bidding. Never actually bought any myself, but for a guide price, the last lot I followed was for £40 and they had reached £17 with a day to go. Went away before it closed so didn't see the final price.

Martyn

Thaks for that info michelle, you prob just saved me a fortune, i would never of thought of booking F.T. tickets. We use the chunnel because of our dog and a lot of times when we go over to europe it is short notice so usually costs a bomb. so even if i only use it twice it will have saved me money as have been given prices in excess of 300.00 in the past one way

Archived