predictions for the score then?

England 2 croatia 3 :D

Blimey....

peter - 2007-11-21 9:44 PM

carioca - 2007-11-21 7:35 PM

well will the boys screw up again tonight then (somebody had to ask) :$

predictions for the score then?

England 2 croatia 3 :D

hey peter a bit of naughty editing there 8-) i wonder who else spotted it (?) ;-)

how did you do that (?)

Guest Tracker

The only consolation was that at least there was bu##er all else on that we missed whilst watching what was purported to be international football!

Counts as misrepresentation surely?

Tracker - 2007-11-22 10:24 AM

No Dave you didn't miss a thing apart from the new England goalie's failed attempts at silent comedy!

sorry tracker but i must dissagree the goalie didnt fail at comedy he pulled it off magnificiently infact it was about the only thing he caught all night.

lets hope the FA see sense & fire the clown mclaren

Tracker - 2007-11-22 10:24 AM

No Dave you didn't miss a thing apart from the new England goalie's failed attempts at silent comedy!

It was a rather disastrous start to our goalies England career, but IF we had a decent team the ball would never have gone anywhere near our goal.

Guest Tracker

In recognition of England's latest football performance, Knorr are bringing out a completely new stock cube - red and white - it will be called........................

The Laughing Stock.

Tracker - 2007-11-22 12:16 PM

In recognition of England's latest football performance, Knorr are bringing out a completely new stock cube - red and white - it will be called........................

The Laughing Stock.

jaazsuss tracker that was a worse perfofmance than scott carson's

i see mclaren has no honour couldnt do the right thing he had to be sacked

Well I didn't watch it and I have less interest in football than I have in the contents of my compost bin but, I have to wonder at a society that puts such huge store in a few players, Beckham, Rooney, etc but hardly mentions the other members of the TEAM. If Becham, Rooney and Crouch were to go out on the field alone would they fair any better? No of course not, so why do the meeja rave about a few good players and not show any support for the others? It can't be helpful can it? Surely the whole point of a football team is just that, they're supposed to be a team which by its very nature means helping each other and working together. Should Maclaren go? I really don't know but he wasn't on the pitch putting in a poor performance was he?

D.

carioca - 2007-11-22 12:35 PM

Tracker - 2007-11-22 12:16 PM

The Laughing Stock.

jaazsuss tracker that was a worse perfofmance than scott carson's

i see mclaren has no honour couldnt do the right thing he had to be sacked

I assume that if he had resigned it would affect his payoff (?)

Haven't heard anyone calling for the F.A. boss to go --- or does that only apply to politicians.

davenewell@home - 2007-11-22 12:42 PM

Well I didn't watch it and I have less interest in football than I have in the contents of my compost bin

D.

Oh, come on Dave, that's hardly a fair comparison. The contents of a compost bin turn into something of value (lol)

Graham

davenewell@home - 2007-11-22 12:42 PM

Well I didn't watch it and I have less interest in football than I have in the contents of my compost bin but, I have to wonder at a society that puts such huge store in a few players, Beckham, Rooney, etc but hardly mentions the other members of the TEAM. If Becham, Rooney and Crouch were to go out on the field alone would they fair any better? No of course not, so why do the meeja rave about a few good players and not show any support for the others? It can't be helpful can it? Surely the whole point of a football team is just that, they're supposed to be a team which by its very nature means helping each other and working together. Should Maclaren go? I really don't know but he wasn't on the pitch putting in a poor performance was he?

D.

This is one of the very few matches that I have watched in recent times - in fact I stopped watching this one once Beckham came on because every time he touches the ball John Motson sounds as if he's about to wet himself.

( Note for Dave: John Motson is a football commentator, and a real football ' anorak ' if there is such a thing ).

dave your right mclaren wasnt on the pitch but he's the guy who is in charge , he is the one who says who plays where & when if he makes wrong decisions he affects the outcome as much or more than the players on the field. this is like any business if the guy in charge makes the wrong decisions the business will fail however good the workers are

Like Dave, I take little interest in football but I just watched the BBC 1 o'clock news so couldn't avoid it.

It struck me that all the people they touted as possible successors to McLaren were non-English. That got me thinking that many of the managers and even more of the players of clubs in the top divisions in England are also non-English. So far as I know there are few English players and managers employed at the top levels in other countries.

If so few English people are good enough for top jobs is it any surprise that the FA select team failed?

Graham

I'll probably be shouted down for this one, but it strikes me that maybe just maybe the pay structure for these players should be redefined as in , they get a basic normalish wage unless they perform and if they perform then they are entitled to be worth paying a bonus. just as it is in the horse world with jockeys. Then we might see a team that will work together wholeheartedly rather than the disjointed way in which they play at present,because then they all know they need to support each other to succeed.

For a game that this country is supposed to have invented we dont do well at it.

Where are the REAL England fans on this forum ?

Surely someone is going to mention the fact that we won the World Cup in 1966 !

-----------

I've just seen an interview with some football manager on TV who reckons that our top players, with their huge egos, are not really interested in the international matches, only their club games.

Archived