for Mel B

carolh

nosey lot

Charles and I are going to scarborough for the weekend, and popping into see mel and hubby on sunday afternoon as we drive home.

mel sent me her telephone number which I (in a senior moment) left at home when I left for work this morning!

I am at work and charles is picking me up at 4 and we are going straight up to scarborough - there is no way he is going to able to switch on my pc and open up outlook and find the email with the telephone number on! I am sure he would have difficulty finding the on switch *-)

So there you go, all innocent!

you curious lot (lol)

though I bet mel would say let them guess

>:-) >:-)

Carol

Tony Jones - 2007-02-23 3:38 PM

Possibly, but then maybe Mel's not as kind and forgiving as you!

I don't know what Chopper/Forester's excuse is, but I think I inherited the nosey gene from my mum!

Have a lovely time at Scarborough!

Tony

Tony, what with your 'rude' joke, then suggesting that Dave was looking at something he shouldn't, and now having a bite at me - has someone put some alcohol in your communion wine then?! Moi, not kind and forgiving! I'm hurt. :'(

I must admit that I'd have let you lot speculate a bit more though, you seem to have much more fun that way thinking up all sorts of weird reasons why we were PMing each other.

Okay, enough - upset over ... now I mean war. >:-)

Chopper, can I borrow your big gun please? I need to go Rev hunting! (lol)

Please, not that!!!

I only said "MAYBE" you wouldn't be as kind and forgiving - but since you clearly ARE, I know you won't fall out with me, will you?

What you have to remember is that (like O&A moderators) Revs are "only human." Please disregard everything you've ever learnt about ministers/vicars from TV sitcoms etc. We're real people - honest!!

T x

Hi Tony

I base my knowledge of Vicars, Reverends etc from my own experience, I've known a few, in a professional and personal sense and some can be real hoots whilst others ... well won't go there. The funniest one I've known is a lovely Nigerian chap who runs a Church community group, all gospel and loud music but a very genuine guy and he has a lovely way of making you feel relaxed and at ease. The young Reverend who did the service for my Mum-in-Law's funeral was a very lovely young chap and your stereotypical forgetful 'vicar' ... although he is a bit of a rebel as he only drinks black coffee!

However, I do remember various 'fictitious' vicars, the most obvious one being Dave Allen, but there was another one ages ago played by Richard Chamberlain who was a bit of a naughty boy, I think it was called "The Thorn Birds" but the brain's seized up!

Of course, Tony, I know you are all little angels! (lol)

Archived