funny tasting tap water

Mick H.

So does anybody have tap water that tastes of T.C.P. or is this just something peculiar to the southwest of England. It isn't something that comes with motorhomes as we had it when we were in a cottage at Salisbury.

It was just noticeable then but is getting stronger.interested to know if anybody has it and what can be done to stop it.

Mick H.

Our water in Bridgnorth is also horrible and I have to use a water filter. Many residents have in-line filters on there supply to their taps.

It is so bad that I can even tell when the filter is due to be changed, and it has been like this for the last 10 years.

It isn't too bad if drawn freshly from the tap, but if it is left to stand it has a terrible taste & smell.

Hi, Mick

As Michele, has said we have discussed the TCP issue before, but is the taste of TCP direct from the tap water or are you saying that your tea/coffee is tasting of TCP. Only our problem was down to the kettle when we changed the kettle the taste of TCP went away?

Mick H. - 2007-11-27 12:15 AM

So does anybody have tap water that tastes of T.C.P. or is this just something peculiar to the southwest of England. It isn't something that comes with motorhomes as we had it when we were in a cottage at Salisbury.

It was just noticeable then but is getting stronger.interested to know if anybody has it and what can be done to stop it.

Mick H.

LIke most people, my kettle is on the worktop, underneath a wall unit, plugged into the socket next to the kettle was a Gl*de plug in.

(Stay with me, it is going somewhere.)

When the kettle boiled, the steam obviously drew vapour from the air freshener, and deposited said steam on the bottom of the unit. Now we all know what happens to steam when it cools, and those droplets fell from the unit, wait for it..................................................into the kettle.

Result, Glades of the forest flavoured tea and coffee, until I discovered the cause. Had to buy a new kettle. :D

enodreven - 2007-11-27 10:24 AM

Hi, Mick

As Michele, has said we have discussed the TCP issue before, but is the taste of TCP direct from the tap water or are you saying that your tea/coffee is tasting of TCP. Only our problem was down to the kettle when we changed the kettle the taste of TCP went away?

Mick H. - 2007-11-27 12:15 AM

Mick H.

[/quote

Was your kettle a plastic one because when we complained to the water authority about the water at our cottage their answer was that the incoming water must be touching a plastic joint on the washing machine or something and this was causing a reaction.

Mick H.

J9withdogs - 2007-11-27 10:53 AM

Not sure about Mick, but my tap water has a 'taste' straight out of the tap.

If you leave a glass of water overnight, it is undrinkable in the morning.

We filled up our tank from the tap and the water in the tank is pure tcp,smell and taste, not that we drink from the tank but when you shower or wash you have a very antiseptic smell.

Mick H.

Archived