gone cold

chatterdog

chatterdog - 2008-09-04 2:48 PM

No Roon I do it too, but was sort of wondering if i was the only one that thought the temperature had dropped enough to put the heating on

I am further South and beleive me it IS cold enough to put the heating on but we have resisted - have added another layer instead - cheaper that way. Have booked to go to Spain to start enjoying our 'summer'

Our heating had turned itself on when I got up yesterday morning 8-) the room thermastat had turned it on! but I turned it off Its far to early! this is the first time for years we are in debit with our gas bill!! and we were away for 6 weeks! mind its got me thinking now If the summer has been so bad I Hope The Flippin Heating Hasnt Been On. No Im sure O.H. will have switched it all off.

I put my heating on yesterday. I don't mind being cold and I don't mind being wet, but I HATE being cold AND wet!!

Cancelled my weekend away at Cheltenham as the forecast is for more rain - much more and I can't see the point being holed up with two wet dogs. :-(

But I have been shopping today and spent the money I saved by not going away on shoes (lol)

Its dark & grey but not cold here the back door is wide open and no heating on thank god the cheeky beggars have just put it up again £120 a month I cant see it myself but if thats the case I will watch it in future .

We certainly dont use that much they must do it by number of rooms or something ...aint life a bitch

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-09-04 5:22 PM

I put my heating on yesterday. I don't mind being cold and I don't mind being wet, but I HATE being cold AND wet!!

TIME TO GET THE ROOF FIXED THEN IS IT?

Cancelled my weekend away at Cheltenham as the forecast is for more rain - much more and I can't see the point being holed up with two wet dogs. :-(

SENSIBLE GAL!

But I have been shopping today and spent the money I saved by not going away on shoes (lol)

I THOUGH YOU WERE GOING AWAY IN THE VAN - NOT ON SHOES - OR IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME PEGASUS - OH WINGED FOOTWEAR WEARER?

mco - 2008-09-04 9:13 PM

Well we have 12 ins. of snow but I refuse to put the heating on, it's only 4th September.

Brrh! Snow? We had better take a pair of skis with us tomorrow when we head for Southdowns in Portsmouth just in case it decides to head towards us. We think we will move into the van for the winter, it will be cheaper than running the heating in the house. :D

Sad state of affairs when we hesitate to put the heating on due to the prohibative cost when the temperature drops, and rather than be cold and misirable we are looking to other things we can cut back on to help pay those utility bills.

Fair to say that those of us who own motorhomes/caravans can hardly be classed as 'impoverished', but we will have all had to tighten our belts one way or the other to combat rising costs and our Sky package is now under review with the near £500 a year going a long way to keeping warm this coming winter.

Makes you realise how easy it is to slip into a recession, with household, clothing and other non essential items now being put on hold, and I fear this downward spiral is only a foretaste of things to come

Merry Christmas.

I agree Howie, It is a sad state of affairs, Paid nearly £ 500 for 900 litres

of oil. for the last delivery. I hate to think how much it will cost this time,

You really have cheered me up, Howie, with your forecast of worse to come, I keep telling myself it is going to be a lovely October and a mild winter to follow. Trying to be positive. about all the doom and gloom, there

is always someone worse off than me, So I count my blessings.

I wish you a very Happy Christmas, Howie. and may your little stocking be

be full of goodies. He He, Ria.

ohgrandma - 2008-09-05 12:09 PM

I wish you a very Happy Christmas, Howie. and may your little stocking be

be full of goodies. He He, Ria.

My little stockings always full of goodies Ria, but this neither is the time and place to discuss such matters.

Looking back i,ve never seen you start a thread of your own. I get the impression that you are a rather shy lady so here's your chance to give it a go. Any subject that comes into your head and we all promise to contribute with our replies.

Go on, lets see that little bit of devil you keep so well hidden. ;-)

Hi Howie, I only come out of my shell occasionally. and I really am very shy

I put an Agony Aunt thread on sometime back, but had to ask for help, it all got too much for me.as some of the questions the men were firing at me

were out of my range , if you get what I mean, Also, What are you giving up for Lent, and that didn't go down too well . no one wanted to give anything up, We Glam Gran's can always have a natter on there, though,

and of course the men are welcome , if they behave themselves. How about you Howie, perhaps you can think of a good one. Like. What did you dream of last night? or something similar, Ria. (lol)

Sorry for leaving you in the lurch there Ria but a series of powercuts left me incommunicably knackered. Now where were we.

Ah yes, you were trying to wriggle out of starting a thread of your own. All you need is something topical, interesting and non controversial such as 'breast feeding in public' which has being doing the rounds lately.

Over to you, and no more feeble excuses this time.

Just jesting about the snow Carol but have a pic of the snow last year if thats any good.

Agree Howie that we can't claim to be poor and destitute if we have MH's plus the fact we have 10 bird feeders just outside our kitchen window.

Carol

Archived