hello All From Chamonix

michele

Well arrived safe heater packed up in the van so cold all the way ?

Wi Fi only if you sit in the resturant but it is free ?

No snow only what's already landed.

Anyone any idea's could it be the matrix just stone cold when driving ?

Only found out half way round the M25 to late to turn back

kids' are enjoying themselves and it is bloody cold .

Hope you are all having a lovely christmas

will Log on again tomorrow in the hope someone will have an answer re my blower in the cab ? might it be something real silly or really knackred?

Matrix or something just blowing freezing cold air ?

any help would be appreciated have to keep stopping to warm up the cab for the girls. :-(

Thank god for the snow chains boy stuck straight away without them had a quick lesson in putting them on Thanks for that you guy's couldn't of done it with out your advice ...

Sorry to hear about your problems with the heating Michele, especially with the children on board, and from experience I know its no fun driving around like this, especially where you are now, so wrap up warm and with a bit of luck you can get it sorted out locally. Howard.

Hi Michele, sorry to hear you're having problems. It could be any one of a number of things though. It could be a heater control valve stuck, an air lock, thermostat stuck open in the engine cooling system, low water in the cooling system, fuse gone for the heater blower motor, the motor itself might have died. Ask at the site you're staying on if there is a local garage thaty could help you out.

Have a nice time, D.

I agree with Dave, Fiat commercial garage. 

You should have a Europe wide Fiat warranty still in force.  Look in your Fiat European agents book, find the Fiat service agent/commercial dealership nearest Chamonix, and see if the site can get them to turn out to have a look at it, or else just take the van down to them.  You should get a sympathetic reception if they understand your problem.  However, make sure they understand that Fiat car dealers, as opposed to commercial vehicle dealers, will probably not be able to cope with the 'van.

Yep snow was there although it had already landed. there was about 3/4 inches on the campsite itself . had to use the snowchains straight away . thank god we got them . Hopefully when he get's up he will find me a suitable piccy to put on here . I am not that clever to do it.

Ps Thanks for asking. happy new year ..

Archived