hello

omidknight

Dunno.

I have fallen foul of that quirk of the system more than once. :$

My "Heath Robinson" solution has normally been to go back into the duplicated new thread using the "Edit" function and change the text so the post becomes a different one on some other subject. ;-)

But is there some better/simpler way to recover.........?

Tony Jones - 2008-11-25 2:05 PM

Ah, but you and I, Bruce, are among those fortunate souls who can always think of something else to say.

The less fortunate among us cannot always manage this.

And the most unfortunate of all have to listen to us!! :D

Tony

Er apropos the last line Tony, so each member of your congregation effectively serves a penance at the same time as getting a sermon every Sunday then? Like a 2 for 1 deal! :-)

Bob

Thanks all as you may guess this post was a mistake and I had little imagination.

Out of possible interest - on other forums there is sometimes a applaud and a smite button where all members can either applaud or smite a fellow user.

Up comes the running total and one can see who is applauded or smited the most.

Plus another forum has a whisper post so if just adding drivel like this it does not go to the top of the pile (latest post)

could be interesting?

Usinmyknaus - 2008-11-25 4:05 PM

Tony Jones - 2008-11-25 2:05 PM

Ah, but you and I, Bruce, are among those fortunate souls who can always think of something else to say.

The less fortunate among us cannot always manage this.

And the most unfortunate of all have to listen to us!! :D

Tony

Er apropos the last line Tony, so each member of your congregation effectively serves a penance at the same time as getting a sermon every Sunday then? Like a 2 for 1 deal! :-)

Bob

You may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment!

omidknight - 2008-11-25 4:09 PM

Thanks all as you may guess this post was a mistake and I had little imagination.

Out of possible interest - on other forums there is sometimes a applaud and a smite button where all members can either applaud or smite a fellow user.

Up comes the running total and one can see who is applauded or smited the most.

They do applaud and smite on here,but the administrator has to remove them after a while.

Archived