is it a campervan/caravan thing?

handyman

Let me see, Mr Handyman..

What percentage of the argumentative people on here are male?

99%

What do males usually have with them when they are on a campsite?

Yep, you're right - a female.

What don't they have keeping an eye on them on here?

Right again - a female.

Perhaps they think that this is good place to say exactly what they like, regardless of who they upset, in complete anonimity, without the good wife keeping them in check.

But that is just my opinion *-)

If some of the things that have been said on here were said face to face there would be a lot of people getting punched I reckon. Perhaps that's an "advantage" of web forums, you can say what you like without fear of getting a smack in the mouth? :-(

I find it interesting that so many people seem to find others on sites unfriendly and not talkative as that is most definitely not my experience. We went to a small site in South Shropshire last weekend and everybody was very friendly, we were laughing and joking with our neighbours whom we'd not met until then and everybody, including those in touring and static caravans always said good morning/afternoon/evening when you passed by.

D.

Dave Newell - 2007-09-14 9:15 AM I find it interesting that so many people seem to find others on sites unfriendly and not talkative as that is most definitely not my experience. We went to a small site in South Shropshire last weekend and everybody was very friendly, we were laughing and joking with our neighbours whom we'd not met until then and everybody, including those in touring and static caravans always said good morning/afternoon/evening when you passed by. D.

Dave

The reason why everybody was talking and smiling to you, is that they've seen your pic in the Aug issue of MMM, then you walk around the site with your Superman cape on, rescuing all and sundry!! Of course people are going to be wanting to say hello to you.(lol)

You dream boat you - George Clooney's body double!!.:D:D

Thai

The best, (and funniest) argument I have heard on a site was in Spain this year. We were woken at about 02.30 with the sond of raised voices coming from "next door"

" No, you F*** OFF!"

" No YOU F*** OFF! You useless drunken *******!"

"Who are you calling drunk? Just F*** Off!"

No, You F*** Off!

This went on for about 10 minutes, then it went quiet.

There was then an intervention from another person on the site and the explanation was that person A had spoken to a bloke in a bar. Person B was naturally upset when on return from the loo he found her talking to the chap. But it seems that it wasn't just because he was a bloke, but because he was a prison officer! The resulting explanation and follow up reasoning was so funny and if it had been written it as a sketch in a tv show it would have won a BAFTA!!

Really entertaining stuff, the time of night was the only downside to it all.

WE did resist the urger to fling open our doors and shout, "Will you both F*** off!" But only just. (lol)

Earlier this afternoon we had an aged gent park his motorhome right beside ours on York racecourse. He was so close that we couldn't open our side window fully without hitting his 'van. I went over and very plitely asked hime to vacate my pitch and was treated to a mouthful of verbal abuse including lots of strong swearing. I suggested he ask a marshal to show him where to pitch his 'van and was treated to more verbal abuse so I politely but firmly told him to either move his 'van or I'd have him removed. He drove off grumbling and swearing at his wife, went round the block once then pulled in to an empty pitch just 40 yards away 8-) .

D.

Strange this. I recently went to a site in Jedburgh. On booking in, I was taken by the owner to an area surrounded by statics which only had 2 pitches. There was a caravan already there and I tried to keep a reasonable distance but, because of the severe slope I was forced to go within 5 metres of it. I made sure that my door was facing away so that we wouldn't encroach. The next day my wife and I were went off for a mega hike (well, only 11 miles) and on returning we found that the caravan had moved about another 5 metres away. I appreciate that it's nice to have space but on occasions it isn't always possible. After all, on some sites you're packed in like sardines.

Archived