is it love

KD

this on going hate between michele and le thou. how can somebody hate another person so much they would write such nasty things about each other. are they trying to disguise or justify something. is it all a pretend. surely there are enough problems in real life that nobody can really get that angry at another forum member. a person that they only know from what they type on here. there must be some hidden agenda. got to be.

Not reflecting on any of the posts that anyone has made - can I just say as a newcomer who hasn't got a clue what the history of this argument is, and not wanting to know please, I feel that no-one has a right to throw insults at another person whether it be male to female or female to male. Is it possible that a line can be drawn under whatever has happened please and just totally ignore each other as it must be upsetting for both of you. There is no peace of mind when anger is burning in your hearts.

I ask only in that I know that there must be other websites which are revelling in all this anger and completely new posters must be thinking twice about joining. There are bound to be disagreements in that we are all individuals, we all have different life experiences, different senses of humour, etc., and we should be allowed to express them and argue like adults in a committee meeting ... then when meeting/thread over we walk away as friends or associates again. No abusing the pm facility - or turning onto people trying to help or make light of the terrible situation.

The world is a lousy place at times, and wonderful at others, the more we can all stand tall and be the man/woman to turn the other cheek and walk away from unnecessary conflict the better it will be. There are some brilliant threads on here for helping, for acting silly, or just bonding together and as twooks said = let's get the word games going again, the picture quizzes ... Michele and Le Thou both have their supporters and it would be a shame for conflict to spread across the board. Take deep breaths and look at the people who are your friends and not the ones who are your enemies.

I'd say group hugs, but I might get lynched so I won't bother!!!! 8-) :-S B-) Running away as fast as I can now ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

Some do say that love is many a splendid thing......

But I wouldn't know, as Mrs Mental practices an extreamely vicious version of the condition......

J9withdogs - 2008-06-21 7:57 PM

Bit sad that there are now 3 threads running about the spat between Michele & Le thou - and they are nowhere to be seen!

Let's turn this thread around:

Spill the beans & tell us about your first love..............

My first love was a young lady who lived just down the lane from me, she was absolutely divine with golden hair and a cheeky sense of humour. Shame we were only four years old innit? :D

D.

Have to agree with all that Joy says and she put it well -- as Janine says it is taken up on a few threads lets hope both will now ignore one another as it is not pleasant for either and certainly not pleasant for any new comers to the forum wondering what on earth is going on.  Carol.

J9withdogs - 2008-06-21 7:57 PM

Bit sad that there are now 3 threads running about the spat between Michele & Le thou - and they are nowhere to be seen!

Let's turn this thread around:

Spill the beans & tell us about your first love..............

Well Janine its like this I will say no more about him BUt I certainly wont stick my neck on the line for anyone else again thats a fact.

Get on with it as it wont be long before its you lots turn ,

End of coventry for him as far as I am concerned .

Carol, that's a real love story isn't it.

I was five years old and it was the boy next door .... the one who I wondered how he could wee like he did and where one earth he got that wonderful contraption from .... me being abnormal cos I didn't have one.

Hi Michele, nice to see you back. Who was your first love?

This has turned into a nice thread Janine, you deserve to do well in your business.

Thanks Roon!

My turn -

His name was Dave Griffin and he was a rogue - I always seem to pick those *-)

He joined the RAF and we lost touch.

By a very strange quirk of fate we actually met up again a couple of years ago.

I googled his name, found a post he'd put on a forum (!) and emailed him. He was living in America but, as his dad had just died, he was coming back to the UK the next day!

We met up but I didn't recognise the short, fat, bald, dentally-challenged man. What had happened to my handsome crinkly-haired flyboy?

I had kept all of his love letters and my diaries from that time. We had a good laugh reading them and then he went back to America.

Haven't heard from him since - but I don't think I'm unhappy about that!

Syd - 2008-06-22 4:27 PM

My first love was Diana Hamilton but alas she loved another.

Isnt it strange that we can all remember the name of our first love but cannot remember much else

Oh I beg to disagree Syd (lol) . I can remember a lot more about my first love, over many years, but I choose to keep those details private, you never know who's reading this rubbish :D :D

D.

davenewell@home - 2008-06-22 5:42 PM

Oh I beg to disagree Syd (lol) . I can remember a lot more about my first love, over many years, but I choose to keep those details private, you never know who's reading this rubbish :D :D

D.

Hi Dave

No you get it wrong, I didn't mean you remember nothing else about our first loves I meant we couldn't remember what day it is today or why we went to the fridge in the first place, were we getting something out of the fridge or were had we just put something back and was now shutting it's door sort of thing

Syd - 2008-06-22 6:03 PM

davenewell@home - 2008-06-22 5:42 PM

D.

Hi Dave

No you get it wrong, I didn't mean you remember nothing else about our first loves I meant we couldn't remember what day it is today or why we went to the fridge in the first place, were we getting something out of the fridge or were had we just put something back and was now shutting it's door sort of thing

you speak for yourself Syd, I can almost remember what I had for breakfast :D :D

D.

P.S. you look even better the right way up >:-)

D.

My 1st "real" love came about at secondary school. Her name was Dawn, 14 yrs young and I was nearly 16 and about to leave school. Two of my friends fancied her along with me but I was the lucky one.

She was so pretty, quite tall, long lovely natural blonde hair and if I'm honest I couldn't believe my luck when she accepted my invite to the flicks. She was not unlike a prettier version of Pamela Stepehenson, Billy Connolly's missus.

We bobbed aroung together for 18 months or so but broke up, through nothing more than just growing out of each other. Time rolls onto a couple of years later when I picked up the phone one day and rings her house, her Mum answered but Dawn was out and Mum say's she will tell her I've rung.

Well she rings and away we go again for a wonderful 6 months or so before the bombshell drops, her Mother is taking a job near Slough and she has to go with her. Well we she came up here and I went down there but of course it fizzled out, it was too much travelling.

Try as I might, (Friends Reunited, etc) I can't get in touch as I'd love to know if life has treated her well.

Martyn

Archived