life oh life

michele

Just thought i would get a few things in perspective here.

All of january and the end of Feb and all of March I have been nursing a sick child in hospital she is hanging on in there we thought we had lost her last week . Now its my perogative that's up to me . Lots of people are sick die suffer from illness and die, lukemia and the like.

Animals die horrible deaths and the world goes on . So I comes on here for a laugh a joke to help where possible and when I can and what do I find people sending nasty notes to each other slagging each other off fighting like kids in a street brawl .

I,m not saying sometimes we all, me included don't get annoyed at what people say or ( the way its wrote) the pen mightier than the sword and all that . But god I thought we were supposed to be like minded people if we can't get on with each other pro campers tenters motor homers tuggers what ever ... what the hells it coming to . Lighten up folks worse could happen at sea and then you will all wonder what the hell it was all for in the end. just remember theres worse off than us in the world ..

Give it a rest .....Friendly forum ... kiss my ****. yes I,m annoyed at the childish behaviour go lie in hospital and re think your life see what you think then is it important ... arguing on a forum I DONT THINK SO..

Rant over......... who's got the balls now. cause i,m ready

Guest starspirit

Michele I would be happy to give you a kiss - but not on your bum - well not on a first date anyway as I'm not that sort of bloke - and if you believe that you are more gullible than I thought.

I feel quite upset now and I'm sure that the other sensitive guys (they know who they are without me naming names) do too.

When have nice guys like wot we are ever upset or irritated any one?

Answers please on a postcard to the moderator.

Iv'e said enough I just think that before we all take umbridge to what is written we should all stand back and say (Hey did they really mean it that way ) count to ten I know we all can't see eye to eye all of the time the world would not go round . We are all different certain people on here know when people are joking and thats fun especially when people see it.

Its good humour ment as good humour thats good fun.

I think its far nicer if people who get upset say so IE , did you mean to say it that way only I was slightly offended or put out .. that way the person gets a chance to right his wrongs if he is wrong if not he gets a chance to explain no sorry it came out wrongly. Body language has a big part to play in all this and if we were all in a pub we wouldn't conduct ourselves in this manner... as we would see the chuckle on peoples faces when having a wind up .... Lifes to short folks we are all different contiune to say your peace just be careful of others feelings .... that way we should all get a long.

the other night pete said to Frank !now wait a cotton picking minute frank.

I know Frank took it the right way and no one got upset there are ways and means to do it . i should know I always make an **** of it and i know what i say doesnt always come out the right way its the english you see.

But i love this forum and personally dont know what i would do with out you all . I dont understand it all but i try ... I ask daft questions and probably get on the big boys nerves ... be friends if we cant be pro fellow campers then what can we be,, Now lets all meet for a pint and a giggle

and thank the MOds & gootler for puting up with this ........

After all who can go all the way to Chaonix with a busted heater and get replies from you lot ....nice feeling knowing your all out there willing to help.

and another way to look at it is at least we all still have an argument left in us more than I can say for some unlucky folks....think on peeps.. 8-)

Spot on Michele. It's so hard to tell from written words just what the other person means. Much better to asume the best, or like you say if something hurts, ASK whether they meant it that way. If they say "yes," then you can go round & thump them, but mostly these things are unintentional.

We've had a few nasty experiences of misunderstandings like that in our church, so now we've got an agreement that we only use e-m for straightforward information - anything that needs discussion has to be by phone, or better still face-to-face.

Unfortunately we can't do that on the Forum!!!

Tony x

From my experience it is rarely the "poster" that deliberately tries to antagonise.

But wow!!!!

Some readers manage to read into an innocuous post some really amazing things!

So in my view - there will always be those looking for what they want to see - even if it was never there in the first place.

:-(

Guest starspirit
Dave Newell - 2007-03-22 9:03 AM

All valid points folks but why not ask a thread originator to proof read his/her posting before pressing the send button. Perhaps if more people would do this there wouldn't be so many occasions for misunderstandings to occur in the first place.

D.

And it might even improve the spelling and grammar too?

CliveH - 2007-03-22 9:12 AM

From my experience it is rarely the "poster" that deliberately tries to antagonise.

But wow!!!!

Some readers manage to read into an innocuous post some really amazing things!

So in my view - there will always be those looking for what they want to see - even if it was never there in the first place.

:-(

Hi Clive,

I wasn't referring to deliberately provocative comments, more poorly chosen words and phrases being used that can too easily be mis-construed.

D.

Dave ,

that counts me out then as you know I,m total crap at getting it in the right order the right way round or even coherient ? is that how you spell it..

Anyway I wish to say dont anyone take a fence or a gate at what I say .

Never Ever ............Its the way I tell em... and if i am angry you will soon know .. that make sense?....god knows .. :D

as for the spelling and grammar i wouldn't know if it smacked me in the eyeballs ........so thats me out again but i guess your all used to me by now..

:$

I don't want to knock you two turtle doves off your branch, but wouldn't a spell checker be just handy on here?

I know you can draft it all in Word or whatever, and then paste it over, but it all looses spontaniety.  It doesn't matter how many times I proof what I've written into the edit box, as soon as I see the final version on screen, I spot a typo!  I just can't read these edit boxes properly.  From the number of "edited by........" entries I see, I'm sure others must have similar problems.

Anyone agree?

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-22 5:30 PM

I don't want to knock you two turtle doves off your branch, but wouldn't a spell checker be just handy on here?

I know you can draft it all in Word or whatever, and then paste it over, but it all looses spontaniety.  It doesn't matter how many times I proof what I've written into the edit box, as soon as I see the final version on screen, I spot a typo!  I just can't read these edit boxes properly.  From the number of "edited by........" entries I see, I'm sure others must have similar problems.

Anyone agree?

Yes Brian it would help as I see that you not yet cracked the 'loses' and 'looses' problem! As for 'spontaniety'.

Must try harder! Why not buy a dictionary and place it by the PC?

Guest starspirit

I'm yousing Mozilla Firefox and it highlights missspelt wurds buy underlyning they with red.

It downt correct em but it does give me the chance to sort of get it wright

Guest starspirit

That does it.

I vote we put forward the only perfect specimen on here who never gets a word wrong or a bad grammatical error as a candidate for Prime Minister.

With the judgement and vision of Blunkett, the charisma and integrity of Grasping Gordon and the credibility of Bliar he should do well.

Yes folks I can just see Sir Frank Wilkinson knighted for services to spelling) as a good old fashioned Labour Prime Minister.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

I vote we put forward the only perfect specimen on here who never gets a word wrong or a bad grammatical error as a candidate for Prime Minister.

Very true and a sensible suggestion. But it would have to be the Tories I'm afraid.

Archived