loss of window

gaz43

while on holiday recently the window in my van fell out

i left it open with an airer on the sill but it was not on a catch a gust of wind

blew the window up and out of its channel and landed on the floor

we were lucky the window was not broken but slightly chipped

i managed to put it back in i have since opened and closed the window and also left it open for a period of time and it seems to be fine

has anyone else had this problem

window1.jpg.e264e9ed0d60011bc5dd22cf4fbd3b8d.jpg

window2.jpg.a09d3ccb015789041208054b1b90340b.jpg

window3.jpg.5d7cf3a54a9c3bb2f518fb6c5e7a6b49.jpg

Just a one off Gaz and lucky to only suffer minor damage. Perhaps a length of cord, looped at either end and attached to the window and frame catches will prevent this happening again, but always wary with these type of windows when there's a strong wind blowing.

And keep yor eye open for Aldi special deals (lol) I bought a great small rotary clothes drier for about £6! it saves leaving your window open if you go out! and expensive window replacements.

Sorry youve had that mishap it could have been worse though.

Nearly Gaz, last weekend during Sunday night/Monday morning, the heki over the bed. I was just laying there coming too, thinking that some one was being very inconsiderate with the noise when Angie poked me and told me to get up and secure it.

Gaz, where in Cambridgeshire, we are near Stansted Airport and my office is at Milton

Geof

Archived