mh's on M6

mco

It's rare we travel south of the border but today we went down to Keele services near J 15 to take our grandaughters back after they had spent a week with us.

We couldn't help but notice how many motor homes there were on the road, never seen so many. When we bought our first one 20 years ago they were a rarity and, talking about this made us wonder how many there are on the road today.

It would be interesting to know. Does anyone have any facts and figures?

As an aside, who owns R777 RAT and why did you choose that reg.? Most intriguing.

Down here in the south - loads on the M27 and going over the New Forest roads. Followed a beautiful mh on the A3079 and then it went into Sandy Balls.

No idea what it was but it had a twin axle arrangement at the rear and both of us looked at each other and said "That is what we will have when we give up work and go touring!"

I just wish all the holiday makers and tourers would bring some better ruddy weather with them!.

We're soft down here don't you know - we dissolve if we get too wet.

(lol) (lol) (lol)

What you WON'T see is large numbers of motorhomes on the Toll section of the M6 - because they class us as trucks, and charge us a truly scary amount for the few miles involved!

If you don't like the Birmingham stretch of the "old" M6, cross the country further North, on the A5 or A50.

Tony

MCO, regarding your query on the RAT plate, surely it's nowt more sinister than being called Ratcliffe?? Or having a job as a Ratcatcher? I have a friend with that surname with a RAT number plate, he paid over £10k for it I believe. But he is a millionaire. And as tight as a rats a***

Martyn

Ratcatcher! Hoping for something more er, more er.......

Anyway no-one has answered my other query yet. Does anyone know how many MH's there are on the road?

I would hazard a guess at 100,000. That includes big n little.

mco - 2008-04-15 8:56 PM

Ratcatcher! Hoping for something more er, more er.......

Anyway no-one has answered my other query yet. Does anyone know how many MH's there are on the road?

I would hazard a guess at 100,000. That includes big n little.

Answer: 147,382

(No - I don't really know either - but let's see if anyone challenges this figure ;-) ;-) ;-) )

malc d - 2008-04-16 5:58 PM
mco - 2008-04-15 8:56 PM Ratcatcher! Hoping for something more er, more er....... Anyway no-one has answered my other query yet. Does anyone know how many MH's there are on the road? I would hazard a guess at 100,000. That includes big n little.
Answer: 147,382 (No - I don't really know either - but let's see if anyone challenges this figure ;-) ;-) ;-) )

Malc,

I think it's now 147,381.

Apparantly there's a "Swift" off the road at the moment......

Archived