mmm seen at Folkestone

Geof  Angi

This was in front of us at the channel tunnel, it was infact a very good job and from the inside you could not see the join. The couple come from near Glouster I seem to remember but could be wrong on that. it was the ladies first trip abroad and the guy had not driven in France for 30 years. I told them about this site and if they come across it and this item I hope they will let us know how they got on.

Geof

1539292644_spain-croatia06-09020.jpg.74f56ddcc7c938ac47ed04708283cf0d.jpg

1530608335_spain-croatia06-09021.jpg.e62e89e7fbae90f7c8e7212da0c2f34d.jpg

1652716810_spain-croatia06-09023.jpg.098db4dfebebec96e0dcde45cc1355ae.jpg

Very interested!

Hope they do start posting on here and if they did it themselves I for one would be very keen to see a full "article" on the project.

If they have photos and a kind of step by step guide I am sure it would be a great article for one of the mags.

I would be very keen to do something similar myself.

Seen a few 'caravans' that have been mounted onto the back of pickup trucks Geof, but thats always what they have looked like and this one really does look the part, with the join between cab and caravan just about seamless. Wonder if the owners could be contacted as i,m sure all of us would love to know a lot more about this project, and as Clive mentioned, would make a great article for one of the magazines.

Maybe they can be contacted, that is if anybody uses cc sites or cl's in the west country, it comes to mind that they were from that area or visited that area quiet a bit. Sorry but I did not get any contact numbers and appear to have left thier names out of the log I was keeping of the trip. Very remiss. But as log's go, the first day is half a page and as time went on I managed to write 4/5 pages a day, even if we did not move LOL

Geof

Should,nt be to difficult to track this one Geof. You already have the reg. no. so you could simply tell the police/dvla that you are trying to trace the owner of a Iveco going forward and a Baily caravan backwards, although you should point out that the Baily is fitted backwards and that when the Iveco is going backwards the Baily is actually going forward. Might be wise to add that there,s usually a car on tow with a different number plate thats being towed by a caravan thats going backwards on a Iveco going forward as well. Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Archived