old black and whites

ROON

To run alongside Mick's thread of films you recommend for him to watch, howsabout a thread on all those old black and whites that we either grew up with or were sort of forced to enjoy by our parents;;;;; there were loads that I just loved - so romantic and the music .... oh...

Does anybody remember Waterloo Bridge? I broke my heart at the end.

And the music in The Wind cannot Read ..... starring Dirk Bogarde? I broke my heart when I found out he was gay :'(

Hi Michele, Do you mean Helen Keller?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?as_auth=Helen+Keller

This is a true story and I remember it.

There was also a film with Bette Davis in about a lady looking after a girl but not sure if that is the one you mean... it had the infamous line 'Why ask for the moon when we have the stars' or something like that.....

But I suspect it is the Helen Keller one you mean. There is a scene in it which is really touching where the lady holds a balloon to the little girl's mouth and makes the sound 't' and the little girl eventually understands and makes the same sound..... Joy

ROON - 2008-07-23 6:36 PM

To run alongside Mick's thread of films you recommend for him to watch, howsabout a thread on all those old black and whites that we either grew up with or were sort of forced to enjoy by our parents;;;;; there were loads that I just loved - so romantic and the music .... oh...

:'(

The ones I grew up with, probably because my dad helped run the local fleapit, were The three Stooges, Roy Rogers, Lash larue, now theres a name you might avoid these days, and Coalmining Revue, which got a lot of boos when that came on.

Mick H.

Guest peter
michele - 2008-07-23 6:52 PM

Does anyonr remember the name of a film old B&W it had a deaf mute girl and the lady took her and taught her manners and stuff like that ?.

Wasn't it called "Donna Miller learns how to be a member of the Human Race". :D

Archived