really sick of Vista

ROON

Is anyone else having stupid problems with this. Now every time I try to get into this site I have a warning message up from Adobe asking me to allow or disallow. I click on allow and it just keeps reappearing until eventually I get onto the site. Then EVERY TIME I PRESS SUBMIT OR CLICK ON A HEADING TO LOOK AT THE POSTS .... they disappearand the warning comes up again.

I got so fed up that I tried clicking disallow and it made no difference whatsoever...... it lets me into the site and then keeps doing as in the top para..... This is just one of its little tricks ...... and I don't have time to keep messing around with it.

Also when trying to highlight a webpage address to copy and paste on a posting, it doesn''t let me. Any suggestions please? (I have tried reading the book on the web but nothing works) :$ :-(

Are you just new to Vista Joy? has it just started happening! Id be looking at your security settings ir browser settings *-) Ive had problems to-day with another site I go on and I went on settings and restored defaults, it seemed to sort it out. If its just started try restoring to an earlier date see if that fixes it.

This might work ?

Open Adobe Reader

Open the Edit menu and select Preferences.

On the left hand side of the preferences window, select the Internet category.

Make sure to uncheck the "Display PDF in browser" option.

I dont have the problem but it seems that other internet user have.

Rgds

Hi Roon

Yes I am fed up with Vista, a friend of mine who worked in the IT industry feels the same. I have XP on the pc and it is much better than vista. I get all sort of problems with Vista especially on the photgraphy side of things also when on e-mail trying to insert things.

My friend and I are considering getting XP on our laptops. Several people we know dont like Vista.

David

Hi, I have a free security program called secunia psi

This checks all programs on your pc and checks that they are genuine, it found one called adobe and said it was spyware and to remove it, i did, had no problems with the rest of adobe.

Don't know if this is causing your problem, but worth a try.

Pete

• 3 months later...

Joy - hope you do not mind me using your thread for my question to anyone who can help me

Problem I have is when contacting businesses/hospitals by email etc - a form comes up that I can not use IE POP3 incoming server, outgoing server etc etc - and I have not got a clue what to do. At present I am with BTinternet

Anybody help a simple guy please?

Guest Tracker
Malwarebytes really shifts some stubborn crud like trojans and adware out for you and it's free and - as far as I can tell - spyware free - I think?

omidknight - 2009-05-13 4:08 PM

Joy - hope you do not mind me using your thread for my question to anyone who can help me

Problem I have is when contacting businesses/hospitals by email etc - a form comes up that I can not use IE POP3 incoming server, outgoing server etc etc - and I have not got a clue what to do. At present I am with BTinternet

Anybody help a simple guy please?

When you say a "form" comes up, do you mean a new window, or box, opens up ?

I sometimes get a window opens up with that kind of message when the connection to my ISP is down.

Usually after leaving it for ten minutes or so the connection has been restored.

:-(

Thanks

If I click on a email address for say "Silavent"

and go through the motions filling in the email info, I can not send email because it asks me for POP3 and SMTP information - ingoing otgoing servers

Something to do with Windows Mail which I am not set up for - perhaps thats the problem

Robbie, how do you currently access your emails?  Is it via Outlook or Outlook Express, or do you only read your emails via BT's online web mail?

If you access your emails via an online web mail service then you probably wouldn't have set up POP3 and SMTP details . . . . although why the form that appears wants that is beyond me.

Even if you are only using an online web mail account like Googlemail, Yahoo etc it's still possible to use Outlook/Outlook Express (O/OE) to access the account.  You just need to know what the POP3 and SMTP settings are for your supplier.

For instance, BT Internet details are:-

POP3: mail.btconnect.com
SMTP: smtp.btconnect.com

You will also need to know your ID and password to setup the details in O/OE.

The only difference between using Web mail and O/OE is that web mail keeps the emails on their server whereas O/OE downloads the emails to your PC.

Hope this helps

W2G

PS.  If the btconnect.com doesn't work above try btinternet.com

Hello W2G

Problems now over with your help.

I have been accessing my emails on BT's online web mail for 3 plus years - having never set up Windows Mail until a couple of minutes ago.

Setting up Windows mail now works for me by using

mail.btinternet.com and smtp.btinternet.com

I can now send emails via internet sites such as Silavent etc.

So very happy now.

Many thanks for the brilliant advice W2G

Archived