signs of summer

ROON

Now that the weather is so warm, signs of summer are finally showing in the gardens. What sign have you seen to make you realise summer is here?

I am going to try and download a picture ( *-) of someone who comes to visit me and shows me summer has arrived. Last year he had a mate and a baby. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be any sign of them yet, but I hope they are ok.

parrotresize.htm

Hi Michele, Apparently they were seen as nuisances last summer as they had travelled to this country from abroad, but they didn't reach the north west ..... until this little fella arrived. I don't see why he is a nuisance ... he is beautiful and comical ... AND he keeps the magpies on their toes.

I realy ought to link this with 'funny saying' thread.

Nere cast a clout till may is out.

One swallow dosn't make a summer.

Took polly for her walk this evening, as I came back across field the wind was damn cold, it aint summer yet.

colin - 2008-05-14 10:03 PM

ROON - 2008-05-14 8:58 PM

Oh Colin, and all the women on this site told me you were a bit of hot stuff...... ;-)

Sounds like I could make a few bob selling list of female members to optician :D

watch it, just wait till I find my specs n I'll get you

B-)

re parrot thingys

we used to camp at Kirkby Stephen quite a lot - and in the evening there would be several macaws flying overhead -

odd - lovely but odd.

apparently kept by someone in north of the village and he would release them for their 'evening constitutional' just after the campers had imbibed a glass or 3 :->

B-)

Now thats what I call a garden visitor :-D you lucky thing! do you take part in the R.S.P.B. Birdwatch? my garden was abismal on the I think it was the 23rd Feb!! bt a couple of weeks later they were all flocking in. *-)

:D :D :D

Don't believe Twooks, Maggy. It's just I have a permanent crick in my neck and that's how I see the world...... :-D

No, seriously I DON'T KNOW WHY they are always on the side!!! When I post them they are the right way up!!!!

*-)

• 4 weeks later...

iS IT WARM ENOUGH TO DO THIS THREAD NOW....... B-)

Guess what.... I am sooooooooo excited .... in my garden I have several little bird houses attached (female DIY :-( ) to the fences and one continually keeps falling on its side...... well, this week ...... I spotted a little Jenny Wren going in it (obviously because the entrance is underneath) and she has had babies..... Oh, they must be sooooo tiny ... I can't wait for them to start popping their heads out...... The cheeps are really really cute and quiet compared to other baby birds and I'll try and get a phot to put on here (if it works).

No-one else had any signs of summer? .... apart from really short mini skirts on gorgeous young women with lovely tanned legs :-(

Archived