solar panels roll up

mrs p hancox

Hi Mrs P Havent heard of the roll up ones - mind there are new things every day I have been looking at solar panels Basically - as far as i can tell the fixed ones - supply more power (bigger panels) and have more sophistcated controlls - We are look ing to put in a "Battery Master" so that the engine /starter battery can be charged / kept topped up The folding ones are smaller hence less power output - I havent sorted out how they would be connected into the system - but suppose you could clip them to the starter battery Another thing in favour of the fixed ones is that they can be supplying power while you are on a car park - as they are in place all the time

It all depends what you want it to do. Freestanding panels can walk! I would suggest a panel fixed to the roof using sikaflex adhesive and suitable aluminium brackets. The advantage of roof mounting is that it is secure, always faces the sky, more power output (usually) and fitted with a regulator. If you are using a very small panel they are pretty useless, especially during the winter when the sun hardly creeps above the horizon. The subject has been aired many times on the MMM forum. Suggest you do a search on Solar Panels. If you are going to the Peterborough Show in April there will be a number of suppliers present.

Archived