You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NextLast
Format:  Go
the demise of democracy in the United Kingdom
AuthorMessage
userBulletguy
Posted: 9 February 2019 2:25 PM
Subject: RE: the demise of democracy in the United Kingdom

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 1:29 PM

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-08 11:20 AM

Brexit is wrong it was won illegally promoted by a totally right wing press and Tory owned BBC...it is not possible to have considered discussion in relation to Brexit...where do you start....it was fraudulent and nothing can change that, it was won illegally.... the UK Government is corrupt .....the UK is fast becomming a dictatorship and the future is bleak...whatever the outcome of this particular corrupt event the UK will never be the same again. We know those who voted Brexit were lied to but sadly they know it now too but still support the corruption. Treaties and responsibilities are being broken without a thought for the consequences. The Tory Government are happily passing laws which result in the deaths of thousands of people in utter misery, poverty is rife....Victorian diseases realted to poverty have returned to the UK...homelessness is at an all time high with people in wheelchairs being made homeless and dying on the streets, the NHS is being totally destroyed to justify selling it off, hundreds of thousands of children are now living in poverty and temporary accommodation relying on food banks to stave off starvation, but the right wing press and the BBC remain stum......Democracy is dead and will remain so until some level honour is restored aided and a betted by an impartial media who will report the true state of affairs the country is now in.

Get over it ...........

We were lied to 40 odd years ago when we were told we could join a Common Market .........

But you were only 11 years old then. Tell me how an 11 year old child had such an amazing knowledge and grasp of politics back then when most normal 11 year old boys were more concerned with kicking a ball around.....and what happened for you to lose all that knowledge since?
userpelmetman
Posted: 9 February 2019 2:37 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 2:25 PM

Brexit is wrong it was won illegally promoted by a totally right wing press and Tory owned BBC...it is not possible to have considered discussion in relation to Brexit...where do you start....it was fraudulent and nothing can change that, it was won illegally.... the UK Government is corrupt .....the UK is fast becomming a dictatorship and the future is bleak...whatever the outcome of this particular corrupt event the UK will never be the same again. We know those who voted Brexit were lied to but sadly they know it now too but still support the corruption. Treaties and responsibilities are being broken without a thought for the consequences. The Tory Government are happily passing laws which result in the deaths of thousands of people in utter misery, poverty is rife....Victorian diseases realted to poverty have returned to the UK...homelessness is at an all time high with people in wheelchairs being made homeless and dying on the streets, the NHS is being totally destroyed to justify selling it off, hundreds of thousands of children are now living in poverty and temporary accommodation relying on food banks to stave off starvation, but the right wing press and the BBC remain stum......Democracy is dead and will remain so until some level honour is restored aided and a betted by an impartial media who will report the true state of affairs the country is now in.

Get over it ...........

We were lied to 40 odd years ago when we were told we could join a Common Market .........

But you were only 11 years old then. Tell me how an 11 year old child had such an amazing knowledge and grasp of politics back then when most normal 11 year old boys were more concerned with kicking a ball around.....and what happened for you to lose all that knowledge since?

Actually in 1975 I was sweet 17 .............

Its become evident since then we were lied too ............

Are we in a Common Market?..............NO.......We're in a Federalist Empire .............

userBulletguy
Posted: 9 February 2019 3:17 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 2:37 PM

Get over it ...........

We were told we could start negotiations in 1969......making you 11. We joined the EEC 1 January 1973 by which time you were either 13 or 14.

Edited by Bulletguy 2019-02-09 3:19 PM
userpelmetman
Posted: 9 February 2019 3:28 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 3:17 PM

Get over it ...........

We were told we could start negotiations in 1969......making you 11. We joined the EEC 1 January 1973 by which time you were either 13 or 14.

Which proves what?.........That you can count .......it also shows that I was too young to vote, not that I made a fuss like to days snowflakes ..........

Plus it proves I have 46 years experience of EU membership to base my vote on .........

Unlike many whinging whining Remoaners ............

userBulletguy
Posted: 9 February 2019 3:39 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 3:28 PM

Get over it ...........

Which proves what?.........

That you were only 11 years old at the time which is what i'd originally stated. So i find it totally inconceivable you could possibly ever have had a grasp of politics whatsoever at that age......and not much has changed since!
userpelmetman
Posted: 9 February 2019 4:06 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 3:39 PM

Get over it ...........

That you were only 11 years old at the time which is what i'd originally stated. So i find it totally inconceivable you could possibly ever have had a grasp of politics whatsoever at that age......and not much has changed since!

Blimey Bullet you dont arf talk some tosh ............

Yet no doubt you'd be happy to let 16 year olds vote in another referendum? ..........

userBulletguy
Posted: 9 February 2019 5:34 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 4:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 3:39 PM

Get over it ...........

Blimey Bullet you dont arf talk some tosh ............

Yet no doubt you'd be happy to let 16 year olds vote in another referendum? ..........

First you appeared confused as to exactly when UK was told they could begin negotiations to join the EEC, then you were confused as to your actual age and after i pointed out you could only have been 11, for reasons best known to yourself you said you were 17 in 1975.....which was totally irrelevant to the timeline concerning the EEC but proved you were 11 years old in 1969.

Why not simply say "yes i was 11 years old then" instead of making yourself look more silly than usual?

I don't have any issue with 16 year olds being given the vote. Hague was 16 years old when he gave his first speech at the Tory party conference in 1977 and went on to carve a career in politics.....so why not?
userTracker
Posted: 9 February 2019 5:38 PM

Fer cryin out loud children give it a rest and get a life.
userantony1969
Posted: 10 February 2019 8:49 AM

The special one

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-09 9:59 AM

antony1969 - 2019-02-09 9:39 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-09 8:49 AM

Tracker - 2019-02-08 7:08 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-08 6:40 PM
How do you know we are not?

Just a guess Barry - it comes from being well used to loadsa wannabe experts on here - are you?

I'm not an expert, I leave that to my wife.

I am though, and always have been an activist. For all sorts of luvvie causes, I have stood outside embassies protesting against apartheid, marched against the poll tax and the Iraq war (so against both political parties when they're "wrong"). Oh and Brexit of course. I've contributed to Amnesty and the various anti fascist groups, currently Hope not Hate, since I first got pocket money.

Oh and in case you hadn't guessed, I rejoined the Labour Party once they had a socialist leader, Blair was my MP when I moved back up here and I left Labour and joined the Greens as I just saw him as Maggie light.

Now some of these may be considered lost causes, but a lot of folk said that about apartheid. The one thing I have noticed during my "activism" is the way in which the mainstream media has moved to the right, not surprising when you consider that the six media tycoons that control the press are protecting their interests. But I've also taken heart at the cross section of society that is waking up to the inequalities the MSM are promoting. Had a lovely moment at a fracking site when a "respectable little old lady" and a "crustie" chained themselves together, uniited in a common bond.

So there's your ammunition folks, take aim......

I hope your activism is a little more thought out and goes further than just spewing out insults you cant back up ... As for taking aim at the issues youve pointed out and your activism , you and the issues aren't important enough[/QUOTE

I can see that Fast Pat has used rather a lot of words most Brexiters won't understand and thus can't relate to.......in fact all those words relating to honour, decency, humanity, democracy, culture....not in the dictionary of a Brexiter....so as we can see here that most Brexiters won't have the intelectual capacity to understand any of it

Und with that last disgraceful comment you sum up perfectly what remoaners have become ... Thankfully unlike Barry you stop short of blaming Brexit types of murder and violence ... So let's sum up what remain voters believe leave voters are ...Murderers , violent , lack honour , decency , humanity and don't understand democracy and culture ... All this because we voted to leave the EU ... Go figure
userpelmetman
Posted: 10 February 2019 4:15 PM

Walks with the gods

Oh and in case you hadn't guessed, I rejoined the Labour Party once they had a socialist leader,

Corbyn a Socialist? ..........

If you say so Comrade .........

userFast Pat
Posted: 10 February 2019 8:38 PM

Keeps coming back for more

pelmetman - 2019-02-10 4:15 PM

Oh and in case you hadn't guessed, I rejoined the Labour Party once they had a socialist leader,

Okay I'll bite. So what would you describe him as? A pensioner pacifist allotment owner or a KGB operative?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-dangerous-hero-mail-on-sunday-unfit-for-office-tom-bower-labour-brexit-expose-a8772416.html
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 February 2019 7:26 PM

Walks with the gods

Fast Pat - 2019-02-10 8:38 PM

Okay I'll bite. So what would you describe him as? A pensioner pacifist allotment owner or a KGB operative?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-dangerous-hero-mail-on-sunday-unfit-for-office-tom-bower-labour-brexit-expose-a8772416.html

"Putin's useful idiot" ............

BTW did you ever visit Soviet Russia? ...........

I did in the mid 70's ...........

They still had rationing ........

userBulletguy
Posted: 11 February 2019 8:36 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-11 7:26 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-10 8:38 PM

You will upset your boyfriend. That title belongs to Trump.

Rubbish.....it ended before you were even born! Seven years before UK to be precise.

http://soviethistory.msu.edu/1947-2/end-of-rationing/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/4/newsid_3818000/3818563.stm
userFast Pat
Posted: 11 February 2019 8:43 PM

Keeps coming back for more

Now I see why you are so keen on Brexit, you are feeling nostalgic and want to return to food rationing?
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 February 2019 9:14 PM

Walks with the gods

Fast Pat - 2019-02-11 8:43 PM

Now I see why you are so keen on Brexit, you are feeling nostalgic and want to return to food rationing?

Incorrect ...........Now you see why I despise Communists ......

userpelmetman
Posted: 11 February 2019 9:18 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-11 8:36 PM

Rubbish.....it ended before you were even born! Seven years before UK to be precise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/4/newsid_3818000/3818563.stm

Yeah like you were there Bullet ........

When was the last time you walked around a Soviet supermarket Bullet? ........

Just asking you to back up your Bulletsh*t with facts from someone who was there ........

userBulletguy
Posted: 11 February 2019 9:55 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-11 9:18 PM

Just asking you to back up your Bulletsh*t with facts from someone who was there ........

Oh FGS READ THE DAMN LINKS.....you're as obtuse as your dyslexic boyfriend.

As for your claim of 'being in Russia', given your well noted history of making stuff up as you go along, i'm afraid i treat that with the same hilarity when asked which countries you'd been in in 2019, only for you to then do a copy 'n paste job from a list of world countries!!
userHarveyHeaven
Posted: 12 February 2019 9:13 AM

Liking what I've found

Get over it ...........

The Electoral Commission found the Leave Campaign guilty of electoral fraud in 2016 and subject ot foreign interference..... NOTHING will change that....a democracy would have immediately declared the Referendum void and re-run it without delay ensuring there was no fraud and no foreign interference...these are facts....whist this remains the case the UK cannot be described as a Democracy and Democracy will not be restored until this fraudulent situation has been addressed........I cannot recall the Referendum of 40 years ago being officially found to be fraudulent!!

Edited by HarveyHeaven 2019-02-12 9:15 AM
userBulletguy
Posted: 12 February 2019 3:13 PM

Legendary contributor

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-12 9:13 AM

Get over it ...........

The Electoral Commission found the Leave Campaign guilty of electoral fraud in 2016 and subject ot foreign interference..... NOTHING will change that....a democracy would have immediately declared the Referendum void and re-run it without delay ensuring there was no fraud and no foreign interference...these are facts....whist this remains the case the UK cannot be described as a Democracy and Democracy will not be restored until this fraudulent situation has been addressed........I cannot recall the Referendum of 40 years ago being officially found to be fraudulent!!

Neither can the Pelmet plonker.......he was only 11. As you've discovered, he just makes stuff up to fit his narrative as he fumbles along!
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 13 February 2019 8:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 1:29 PM...…………..
We were lied to 40 odd years ago when we were told we could join a Common Market ......…

It is strange that such a serious minded and precocious youth failed to read the papers in 1973, and remained unaware of the nature of the European Economic Community (AKA the Common Market), it origins, and the changes it had already made. We did join, though, so what was the actual lie? Could that now mature youth point to it?
userpelmetman
Posted: 13 February 2019 8:57 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-13 8:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-09 1:29 PM...…………..
We were lied to 40 odd years ago when we were told we could join a Common Market ......…

It is strange that such a serious minded and precocious youth failed to read the papers in 1973, and remained unaware of the nature of the European Economic Community (AKA the Common Market), it origins, and the changes it had already made. We did join, though, so what was the actual lie? Could that now mature youth point to it?

That precocious youth has become a belligerent Brexiteer after 46 years experience of EU membership ...........

userpelmetman
Posted: 13 February 2019 9:00 PM

Walks with the gods

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-12 9:13 AM

Get over it ...........

Please post a link to the statement from the Electoral Commission that says the "Referendum was Fraudulent"? ...............

userpelmetman
Posted: 13 February 2019 9:01 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-11 9:55 PM

As for your claim of 'being in Russia', given your well noted history of making stuff up as you go along, i'm afraid i treat that with the same hilarity when asked which countries you'd been in in 2019, only for you to then do a copy 'n paste job from a list of world countries!!

Fancy a bet? ...........

userBulletguy
Posted: 13 February 2019 10:04 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-13 9:01 PM

Fancy a bet? ...........

You shouldn't need to start your boyfriends silly game of calling for bets if you were so cock sure....post up photocopy of the stamps in your Visa and passport. Until you do, then no i don't believe you because you have a long history of making up fairy stories.
userpelmetman
Posted: 14 February 2019 8:56 AM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 10:04 PM

Fancy a bet? ...........

You shouldn't need to start your boyfriends silly game of calling for bets if you were so cock sure....post up photocopy of the stamps in your Visa and passport. Until you do, then no i don't believe you because you have a long history of making up fairy stories.

How much would you like to bet that I wasn't on HMS Devonshire when she visited Odessa in Russia in 1976 ?...........£1000......£10,000.......£100,000? ...........

Time to put up or shut up Bullet ...............

userBulletguy
Posted: 14 February 2019 1:00 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 8:56 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 10:04 PM

Fancy a bet? ...........

How much would you like to bet that I wasn't on HMS Devonshire when she visited Odessa in Russia in 1976 ?...........£1000......£10,000.......£100,000? ...........

Oh so it's now gone from "being in" to just "visited"!!! You having a laugh or what? That's like an overseas sailor boy on a tub mooring at Portsmouth going back to his home country and telling his mates he's "been in Britain"!!!!!!

Your idea of seeing and being in a country is very different to that of mine. Lets face it, you sit on some crummy campsite in Calpe half the year!!!!
userpelmetman
Posted: 14 February 2019 1:38 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-14 1:00 PM

Your idea of seeing and being in a country is very different to that of mine. Lets face it, you sit on some crummy campsite in Calpe half the year!!!!

Which is a lot longer than you spend anywhere ...........

BTW you need to book a year ahead to spend the winter on this crummy campsite ...........

userpelmetman
Posted: 14 February 2019 1:46 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-02-14 1:00 PM

Oh so it's now gone from "being in" to just "visited"!!! You having a laugh or what? That's like an overseas sailor boy on a tub mooring at Portsmouth going back to his home country and telling his mates he's "been in Britain"!!!!!!

That's not the view of those of us who were there.......... But don't just take my word for it ..........

ODDESSA
By CPO(OPS)EW D. A. Laybourne

It was one of those ‘once in a lifetime’ events – the opportunity to visit Russia. A mysterious and yet awe inspiring country.
A great deal of preparation was carried out in Grand Harbour, Malta. All the paintwork was renewed. ‘Cosmetic’ being the ‘in’ word. On the Flight Deck stores were being uncrated, whilst the band marched and the drummers beat their way through the debris. Up forward the decks were being scrubbed, watched by the Commander, fully dressed with his telescope under his arm except for his bare feet! No one was allowed to mark those decks once they’d been scrubbed.

Eventually, Devonshire arrived at Odessa. The visit coincided with the visit by a Russian destroyer to Portsmouth. The ship berthed stern towards the town and the famous Poteinkin Steps. Directly opposite was a Russian destroyer which was our host ship.

That forenoon 30 of us visited the Russian destroyer. We were ushered on to the forecastle where we were given Russian/English language guides. There followed half an hour of chatting and photo taking assisted by the language guides. Then we were escorted down between decks via a carefully chosen route such that there was little to see. The main impression was of narrow passages and low deckheads. One felt that the compartments around were crammed with equipment with little space for the crew.

We reached a compartment reminiscent of an empty messdeck. At one end was an orchestra and singers, dressed as sailors. In the centre of the room was a line of tables laid out with food and jugs of fruit juice. Around the bulkheads were pictures of Karl Marx, Lenin and other heros of the Soviet Union, including some sports personalities. In one corner was a table piled high with free literature on communism and other doctrine. There were also advertisements on life in the Russian Army and pictures of operations with satellite countries.

Our hosts were young Russian sailors similarly armed with language guides. One got the impression that they were a bit bewildered by the whole thing. In some ways, they could be likened to Boy Seamen from Ganges – fresh faced, fit and just a little ignorant of what life had in store for them.

The first treat we had was the orchestra playing some very powerful Russian folk songs sung by their sailors. It all sounded very professional and was very, very good. Next there followed a round of speeches from both sides and then more singing followed.

Tours of Devonshire also proved to be very popular as could be seen from the large queues of local people every day. they were very friendly and many could speak some English. Inevitably politics raised its ugly head but the average Russian showed very little interest in it.
Teenage girls met teenage sailors just as in any other port. They were very inquisitive, particularly about life in the West.

Come the day of departure, there were lots of people to see us off including girls in tears. 1 think everyone had enjoyed the visit particularly as we had been made so very welcome.

It was was a very valuable experience – thanks to HMS Devonshire in June, 1976.

Edited by pelmetman 2019-02-14 1:48 PM
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 14 February 2019 4:35 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 8:56 AM...…………………...How much would you like to bet that I wasn't on HMS Devonshire when she visited Odessa in Russia in 1976 ?

Er, its in Ukraine, Dave. Not another of those embarrassing navy lark errors, surely!
userTracker
Posted: 14 February 2019 4:43 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-14 4:35 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 8:56 AM...…………………...How much would you like to bet that I wasn't on HMS Devonshire when she visited Odessa in Russia in 1976 ?

Er, its in Ukraine, Dave. Not another of those embarrassing navy lark errors, surely!

I doubt the Russians saw it that way Brian?

Left hand down a bit!
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NextLast
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator