thetford electric cassette

BarrieT

Can anyone help, on relocating a terminal block I accidentally removed the 4 leads that feed the toilet cassette by mistake without noting each individual connection point on the terminal block. leads are :- black, brown, black/white & blue.

I thought I could tell you by looking at my own Hobby motorhome. I then realised that there was no certainty that the colours of the electrical cables Hobby employs to link up with the cables provided on the Thetford toilet would match whatever the manufacturer of your vehicle uses. I also didn't know (because you haven't said) whether you had the same model of Thetford toilet as mine - a C200 that uses water from the motorhome's fresh-water tank for flushing - and, if not, whether your toilet's wiring would differ from mine. However, I'm pretty sure that your brown and blue cables relate to the 12V feed, with brown being positive (live) and blue being negative (earth). Don't know what the other 2 cables do, but, if you confirm which of the 'incoming' wires are live or earth and connect respectively the brown and blue cables to these, there's a 50/50 chance of you connecting up the remaining cables correctly! I note that Thetford's Operating Instructions leaflet doesn't cover the toilet's electrical wiring, but I've found Thetford very helpful in the past and I expect they would send you Installation Instructions if you asked for them (www.thetford.com) or offer you appropriate advice. Alternatively you could try contacting CAK Tanks (Tel: 0870 757 2324) who sell Thetford toilets and may be prepared to send you copy of the wiring instructions. (You might also try copying your enquiry to the "Motorhome Matters" forum section just in case someone there can give you an instant answer.)

Archived