thursday

KD

I don't know if these two stories made the national news but they were on central and BBC east midlands news Thursday evening.

I was driving to work as normal Thursday morning. I get to bulwell and the road leading into a large estate is policed off with loads of police cars around. I travel the last 2 miles to work. I get to work and there are police cars and camera men all around the precinct where my shop is. I open the shop and put the radio on to radio Trent. a man/lad in his twenties was stabbed to death in the night at bulwell a murder hunt is on. and the coop four doors up from my shop was held up by three masked men one with a 24 inch machete. im friends with the staff in the coop and one of them who luckily wasn't on duty that night had seen the video footage. one off the thugs had thrown her 19 year old colleague to the ground like she was a rag doll.

im glad my family and i live in a nicer area of Nottingham but I work there everyday I just hope it never happens to me or my staff it would put me off ever going to open my shop again. my staff are all under instructions never to stand up to anyone and give them whatever they want

How dreadful. Nowhere seems very safe now. A local country shop was held up at gunpoint a couple of years ago and I believe the owner has still not recovered from the shock. However, I hope these thugs or their friends don't read your post otherwise it could be open day at your shop. It might be wise to remove your address.

thanks for your concern Patricia but obviously im well insured and its a policy of everybody really not just me. I would be going against health and safety rules to have any other policies

Oh Dean, that's awful... too close for comfort ... I bet it really made you stop and take stock for a moment. It really does scare me how the world is going, but I remember in my kiddies dance class several years ago a man walked in with a machete and threatened to kill the bar staff serving orange juice because of something that had happened the night before.

Hope the police keep a keen eye on the shopping area for you now this has happened.

Archived