tom tom question

breakaleg

It should work.

Have you selected where your destination is?

Go to the settings and change to your european destination.

It recogonises that you are UK now and should only show major roads in France go in and edit it to where you need to go France then try again.

;-) pete I am only going from memory on my daughters and I am not that good with them but you have to change the settings how you do that i,m not sure but you must tell it first then it should come up with where your campsite is.

My daughter has that one ...and she does have to go in and edit it.

its set for Uk now you must tell it where it is.

You have to change it because the settings will search for france if not it will only go down to street level main streets only which is not small enough for you .

If you dont change the settings it will search Italy etc and will give main roads only not small enough for what your looking for ...

I hope I,m making sense. in other words get rid of all you dont want to look at no point it searching every where when you want France ..

The correct country will come up as its set for that BUT unless you change the settings it will not scale it down for you ..I believe its nothing to do with the address you have to scale it down by changing it in settings otherwise as above it trys to seach everywhere European and you end up not getting it small enough it will let you look at main roads as apposed to finding your site ... Oh god I know I dont make sense.

Dyslexia is a terrible thing you have it in your head to say but you can't get it out ..I hope someone else comes to help also.

Yes all the maps are on the hard drive - we have a tt700 - try navigate to, and then point on a map - push the slider on the right hand side right up to the top - this will then show you a map of what's on your hard drive. But at a very small scale, then come down slowly with the slider and it will zoom in (slowly now) move the screen around so - say - Brittany is in the middle - zoom in again, and move the map - keep doing this until you can see street level.

When you enter a French address - I don't think it is much different to entering a british one - the more information the better, but if you have no house number it can be a bit awkward.

So if you know where the campsite is - you can navigate to it by using the point on a map option.

I haven't explained it very well I don't think - but give it a try

Carol

I have a Tom Tom 1 Europe. Just simply type in an address, be it city centre, address with house number, postcode or co-ordinates it will calculate a route. You can punch in preferences, say, avoid toll roads, avoid certain areas such as motorways etc, but it will still take you very close to your destination. Despite some of the horror stories yopu read about in the press, my satnav has not let me down yet.

Archived