traveling with oxygen

dizzy

Hi

Are any of you campers on oxygen 24/7 We have a moter home but have to carry a concentrator and portables when we travel it's a bit worrying when out of the country we have done Southan Ireland this year but want to go farther ,Has anyone done this? *-)

Pete I did but what do they mean by further do they mean higher why should distance matter ? you mean abroad ?

If the person wants to travel on boats and that then as long as they have enough Oxygen it travels most places or do they mean somwhere cold?

Sorry a bit lost still thats me all over perhaps when they come back on they will tell us more

;-)

dizzy - 2007-09-26 7:57 PM

Hi

Are any of you campers on oxygen 24/7 We have a moter home but have to carry a concentrator and portables when we travel it's a bit worrying when out of the country we have done Southan Ireland this year but want to go farther ,Has anyone done this? *-)

Hi Dizzy. I presume your concerns are based on availability in foreign countrys should you need fresh supplies re. oxygen etc. My Sister also needs a reliable supply of these items, although not 24/7. She tours abroad with her caravan quite a lot and has never found a problem getting replacements, but as you are obviously dependant on these items perhaps you should get medical advice before embarking on longer trips.

To much at stake, and why take chances. I should imagine your first call would be to your Doctor who will at least point you in the right direction as far as help and advice are concerned.

Dancer - 2007-09-26 11:52 PM

I'm with you Richard.

Possibly the avatar is inward looking? (a mirror)!

Michele. Read Richards tag line. We all love you.

Creep. It was a joke and Michele took it in that vein. So lighten up you two. (lol)

Looks like it's time to leave.

Violence appears to be the answer to everything.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

Going on holiday next week, so I'll leave you to shoot yourself in the foot with your stupid rifle. You can't use a rifle effectively at close quarters or in the close confines of a building, they are too long.

Dancer - 2007-09-27 9:49 PM

You can't use a rifle effectively at close quarters or in the close confines of a building, they are too long.

I wouldn't recomend putting it to the test. Don't take things so seriously Dancer it's not real life, only a motorhome forum. (lol)

Dancer - 2007-09-27 9:57 PM

Thanks Michele.

Always enjoy my hols.

Going to Mel B side of the country: wish me luck

Hey Twinkletoes (lol) which bit you going to? If you're into fishes (not to swim with you understand! >:-) ) I can recommend a visit to 'The Deep' in Hull and there are lot so good free museums as well on transport, whaling etc plus the excellent (so I understand) Wilberforce Museum. :-D

Hi Mel.

Going to your side of the country but a bit higher up, don't get upset. I will be in Bamburgh. See, I said it was a bit higher up. Eeyore has never been to Bamburgh.

Been to Hull before, there's an excellent paint shop there, doing exclusive artwork for, mainly motorcycles and helmets etc. Did not have time to give it a good look round then. Put it on the list 'to do'.

Went through on the way back from Lincoln as well last year, just to see the bridge.

Drive safe.

Archived