travelling companion

emma

I would like to be a travelling companion for someone with a motor home for travels in the UK or Europe. I have a small caravan of my own but would prefer to travel with someone else. I am forty years old and can arrange to be free at almost any time. I love travelling and the UK countryside, especially the Lake District, Peak District, Norfolk and Cornwall, but would love to explore most places. I know bots of Europe and would love to see more. I enjoy walking, sailing, reading, photography and wildlife. Please contact me on emma@bowwave65.wanadoo.co.uk if you are interested or know anyone who might be or if you can give me tips/advice on how to go about this.

Guest starspirit
Hi Emma, Try an email direct to MMM and they might publish it for you - they did for me two years ago after my wife died and it produced about 10 replies all of whom were decent people. I then set off on a natiowide tour to visit most of these folk as an incentive to use the 'van again alone. Some were OK, some very nice and others a bit odd and although no long term friedships were forged it was an interesting exercise which could so easily have found me a travelling companion. Do please beware of what you are telling and to whom as there are also some nasty people out there who will appear nice but will only be after your money (or worse) in the long run (found this out after some dodgy dates!). I'm happy to say that I met a lovely lady locally last year whilst walking my dog and she loves the 'van and the open road so my life has resumed successfully. Good luck and be happy, Richard

• 7 months later...
I dont know I think you are good looking .........You would be supprised some people young ladies are after the odler gentleman to wine em and dine em bit of chivalry is that how you spell it nothing gained nothing ventured and all that ........... ;-)

Archived