tv problems

lotus

I own a Autotrail Cheyenne 2005 model & as I cannot get the freeview box to work I was thinking of buying a satellite dish, in the hope of getting some TV pictures. I do not want a roof mounted dish and was thinking of a free standing one. Can anyone out there suggest a good buy as I'm a novice and would appreciate some help. Thanks

Thanks for your reply.On the flip down tv screen between the front visors it always comes up with words "bag signal"& on the portable TV when its plugged in via the booster ariel it never seems to make any difference, the picture is terrible.Any help ? cheers for now

Or you could try "www.sdsdigital.co.uk" where you can get a full touring kit for around £120 including a tripod mounted dish.

If there,s no rush why not wait for one of the shows. Plenty on display that you can see first hand as well as free advice and demo.

As Colin said, find out why it does not work first. It could simply be down be down to poor reception area, existing antenna or a fault with your box, and you might save yourself some money checking these first.

lotus - 2007-04-11 11:20 PM

Thanks for your reply.On the flip down tv screen between the front visors it always comes up with words "bag signal"& on the portable TV when its plugged in via the booster ariel it never seems to make any difference, the picture is terrible.Any help ? cheers for now

Do you know what arial you have, could be unsuitable or a fault.

Hi Lotus, there are two main reasons why your "freeview" may not be working very well,

1, you are in an area that has a very weak or even no digital signal available.

2, you have a poor aerial or a fault in the installation.

Do you use freeview in your home? If so can you run a lead to your motorhome freeview box from your household aerial, if so you can at least prove the freeview box is functioning correctly.

D.

Guest peter
You need a directional ariel for Freeview and you have to turn it to get the best signal. A round one is as good as useless.

Archived