visit to Bristol

ROON

Returned from visiting daughter in Bristol and what brilliant vegan shops ..... at last I could find something to eat. Won't bore you with the full story but here are two 'new' foods I found which I had never eaten before. Have any of you tried them?

One is Dagon fruit (red one) and the other is a vegetable called a Little Dudhi.... 8-) there was a long dudhi too but it scared me :$

The other is some grafitti in the town centre.

joybristol3.jpg.cb3487c3afb522b439d65cc01fc20e6c.jpg

joybristol4.jpg.24a846ed6b29a00755e0934c78d422fa.jpg

Hi Maggie, You cut the red fruit in half (downwards) and scoop the middle out. It tasted sort of like kiwi fruit or grapes..... It was worth having as I presume it gave me some vitamins I may not normally get. I have kept some of the seeds to try and propogate them.

The Dudhi I am having tonight. You chop it up and fry it or marinade it or use it in curries. It only takes a few minutes to cook and I will let you know what it is like. I looked it up on the internet and there are some rave reviews about it for Indian cooking.......

Joy

my wife is a veggie too we only eat vegan food. we often try new food had dragon fruit before my favorite is durian smells a bit but the taste is different and very good.

where ever we go first thing is there a veggie restaurant? and where can she get soya milk.

Thanks Duetto, I will look out for that then. How do you prepare it, please? I will certainly be going down to Bristol again and stocking up with some of the food they had there.

May I ask if there is a reason your wife is veggie .... Is it health or moral.. I'm made up I'm not the only one on here... :-D

Hi Duetto, I've been veggie since a child, but when diagnosed with cancer and in hospital for the operation I read 'Your Life in Your Hands,' I have tried not to have any dairy since then and there is no way of proving if that is why I am still here and many with a better prognosis arn't.

It is really hard though isn't it..... lactose, whey, etc are in virtually everything in the small print.

Interested in that you also picked up on the growth hormones problem associated with cancer. I can't understand why others don't but I guess it is each to their own.

Talk soon. Joy

Archived