• Created
  • Last Reply
malc d - 2009-06-22 5:39 PM

Don Madge - 2009-06-22 4:20 PM

Its not a camel?

Don

Is it a dromedary Don ?

:-|

His father was but I don't know about the mother she abandoned him and he was hand reared.

His legs were tied so he could not get in the van.

Don

davenewell@home - 2009-07-01 6:47 AM

You can RL, all you need is a better than point and shoot camera and lots of patience, oh and a wee bit of luck helps too.

D.

Yeah well as I said, I wish........... and wish........... still got my point and shoot camera..........still no patience..........and luck? what exactly is that? as I've not had any so far!! I shall just be patient in the fact that I know I'll never get that good and go on enjoying my snapshots and rely on my memory for the best shots....... and of course being envious of the photographers out there in the nicest way possible.

Rapido-lass - 2009-07-01 11:05 AM

davenewell@home - 2009-07-01 6:47 AM

You can RL, all you need is a better than point and shoot camera and lots of patience, oh and a wee bit of luck helps too.

D.

Yeah well as I said, I wish........... and wish........... still got my point and shoot camera..........still no patience..........and luck? what exactly is that? as I've not had any so far!! I shall just be patient in the fact that I know I'll never get that good and go on enjoying my snapshots and rely on my memory for the best shots....... and of course being envious of the photographers out there in the nicest way possible.

Why not try putting some bird feeders out in your back garden? Settle yourself down with camera at hand and wait..............and wait................and wait..................until something comes down for a feed then quietly and carefully snap it.

Here's a few shots of a grey wagtail that has been visiting us at work recently.

greywagtail.thumb.jpg.ad70f4f5667596b372c126c4b45c9712.jpg

greywagtail2.jpg.400405450174ab18ea4d6efa7ccef1d6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gary, They are SUPERB photos. I think you are sooooooooooo clever with your camera.....

Also, the butterfly/moths' photos - I recently went to a butterfly farm and was running round after them like a Pink Panther lunatic but every time they settled they immediately closed their wings!!!! How on earthdid you do those pictures ...... sure they arn't pinned down? :-S

Archived