You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
1990 Fiat Ducato
AuthorMessage
usersoulman
Posted: 23 September 2015 7:45 PM
Subject: 1990 Fiat Ducato

Having a look around

Hi all, Hi have a camper based on the 1990 Ducato I have owned for a good few years it has done 70,000 miles from new. My question is if I had bad luck and my windscreen got smashed how easy would it be to get a new one fitted ?. Would the major screen companies still stock it ? also any details on say getting a new front grill as mine has broken at the top 2 screw points. Fingers crossed its not the dreaded scrapyard searching. Many thanks The Soulman.
userBrianBW
Posted: 2 November 2015 11:34 PM
Subject: RE: 1990 Fiat Ducato

Keeps coming back for more

Mine is 1997 Boxer, just had mine replaced. Discussed this problem with installers, and they assured me that replacements are available for very old vans.
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 3 November 2015 8:11 AM
Subject: RE: 1990 Fiat Ducato

There are some contact details here that may be useful

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/advice/30489-common-problems-on-the-mk1-fiat-ducato-talbot-express

Regarding obtaining a new front grille, you might try asking No1Gear about this

http://www.no1gear.com/

Brand-new grilles are unlikely to be available from Fiat, though you might find a good-condition one being offered on ebay. Otherwise it’s the scrapyard search...

(As it’s only the top 2 screw points of the grille that are broken, is it not practicable to make a repair? I noticed an early (pre-1990) grille being advertised for £49.99 on ebay and - if that’s going to be the general asking-price - I’d definitely be looking at a reasonable DIY repair rather than an expensive replacement.)
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator