Arm Covers

Debs753979

I am looking to get arm covers for our swivel seats in our Dethleffs Esprit 7870 on the new Fiat Ducato. Does anyone have any recommendations. I have spoken to a number of upholsterer who don't seem keen unless I visit them - they are typically 3hrs drive away.

Debs

Thanks.

I have spoken to Regal who are miles away. They mentioned that the fabric they would use is fire retardent and therefore would probably rub a hole through the original fabric underneath. They could fit leather covers but that would mean a trip to their workshop. He then also mentioned he had spoken to various people who used sports socks over the arms - just can't picture it in my nice posh camper. So he then went on to recommend enjoying the van and then getting them recovered/valeted if and when necessary.

Debs

Not being an upholsterer myself, I would have thought that any reputable local uphoslterer would have been able to supply you with what you need, you would have to visit them so they could see the 'job' required but I'm sure that in and around Bath there would be those that could. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Debs

Don't know if it is suitable for you, but one M/H I looked at on a dealer forecourt. The previous owner had used either suede or chammy leather over some padding , which was laced up underneath the armrest.

A smart job, it appeared that he/she had used a cord sewn in the edge and then inserted eyelets to put the laces through.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Debs

My wife bought a pair of oven gloves (fabric colour to match the van interior), cut them in half and sewed the cut ends. These fit perfectly on the arms of our Hymer. They are also very easy to remove for washing.

Alan W

Archived