Autocruise Alternator output

Chunky

Hi All can anybody tell me please what the amp output is from the alternator on my Fiat Ducatto 3lt comfortmatic 40 maxi 160 multi jet the hand book gives no info, And I can`t see the alternator under the bonnet to get any info from it .

Thanks Chunky.

I believe your Autocruise motorhome may be a 2009 model.

In this 2009 forum discussion

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Fiat-Ducato-2-3-with-air-con-alternator-rating-/18087/

Nick Fisher (euroserv) advises on the output of alternators used on Ducato X250 vehicles fitted with the 2.3litre motor. A cursory GOOGLE-search suggests that his advice would also have applied to contemporary X250s with the 3.0litre motor - 110A, 140A, 150A or 180A.

I’d guess at an output of 140A or 150A, but to be absolutely sure what your motorhome’s alternator-output is, it seems you’ll need to read what’s on the alternator itself.

I was underneath my Fiat-based MH replacing the exhaust recently and happened to notice the alternator under and behind the power unit, on the off side. It's tucked above the lower chassis member (out of the spray path) but relatively easy to see. My MH is an X244 but it might be in the same place on an X250.

Archived