Autotrail Media System.

Rayjsj

Well, I finally got around to it, I have removed the 'fitted' Autotrail media system (now on E-Bay) from my Savannah, after breaking the retaining clips that held the monitor up, and being told that they were not covered on the warranty !! and a new monitor would be £300 !!

I have removed all of the old system and replaced it with : a JVC double din Dab+ car radio/CD player, A flip down, Digital TV/multi region DVD player/ that plays SD cards/memory sticks as well, a Twin rear camera that works all the time the Ignition is switched on,and a Monitor on the rear view mirror, Plus my Tom Tom go 1005 camper version which KNOWS that we are a motorhome. The 'New' system is 'Modular' so if any part fails it can be replaced independantly (unlike the old system). And all at a price considerably cheaper than the £999 that Autotrail charged for the original.

Any questions answered, but no pictures, hav'nt mastered that art yet, Ray

Zydeco Joe - 2014-03-25 12:51 PM

Which JVC radio did you fit and how much did it cost. I have a Autotrail Tracker and the radio is not much use and would like to replace it with a newer better model that does not cost the earth.

I got this one, comes complete with a remote that works from the back of the van (the bedroom) and a 'Stick on aerial' that works ten times better than the Autotrail one in the mirror housing.

Remember that it is a 'Double Din' one though, Had to get that to replace the 'Media system' one.

They also do a 'Single Din' one a bit cheaper. I include the link to that as well. Good Luck

PS. I wired it to run off of the leisure Battery, to stop any of that '20minute switch off' nonsense.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007K5XTUQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KD-DB52ATE-Digital-Radio-Aerial/dp/B005RX78FU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395767539&sr=8-3&keywords=JVC+Dab+%2B+car+radio

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
Rayjsj - 2014-03-21 9:01 PM

Well, I finally got around to it, I have removed the 'fitted' Autotrail media system (now on E-Bay) from my Savannah, after breaking the retaining clips that held the monitor up, and being told that they were not covered on the warranty !! and a new monitor would be £300 !!

I have removed all of the old system and replaced it with : a JVC double din Dab+ car radio/CD player, A flip down, Digital TV/multi region DVD player/ that plays SD cards/memory sticks as well, a Twin rear camera that works all the time the Ignition is switched on,and a Monitor on the rear view mirror, Plus my Tom Tom go 1005 camper version which KNOWS that we are a motorhome. The 'New' system is 'Modular' so if any part fails it can be replaced independantly (unlike the old system). And all at a price considerably cheaper than the £999 that Autotrail charged for the original.

Any questions answered, but no pictures, hav'nt mastered that art yet, Ray

Monitor in my Tracker 'knacked' - tried to get it repaired by my local tv man but he was unable to repair it. I tried to get a quote from Veba who distribute them but they do not sell direct - quote from the local agent a eye watering £525 - BOUGHT A TELE FROM TESCO and forgetting about the tele part of the media system

• 10 months later...

Hi Ray

I have got a problem with my media system but don't have the necessary keys to remove it. Do you know where I could get a set from. I have tried Autotrail but they suggested the dealers but they cant help !

Also looked on ebay etc but nothing available.

Mike

mohawked - 2015-02-19 9:20 AM

Hi Ray

I have got a problem with my media system but don't have the necessary keys to remove it. Do you know where I could get a set from. I have tried Autotrail but they suggested the dealers but they cant help !

Mike

Hi Mike

I posted the following back in January this year and may be of help to you :-

I have just seen this another forum and thought it might be of interest to AutoTrail owners of past models (not the x290 versions) who might have problems,

" Just to let folks know that we are now the official repairs and spares centre for out of warranty repairs to all of the Autotrail Audio Visual products such as the 12ele2000 etc

Les Evans & Son Ltd

Unit 2 No 93

Whitchurch Road

Shrewsbury

Shropshire

SY1 4EQ

01743 450457

Please Note any Warranty Repairs must still be via Autotrail "

I could have put a link to this previous posting if I knew how !

Alan

mohawked - 2015-02-19 9:20 AM

Hi Ray

Mike

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Sorry haven't answered sooner, didn't see your post.

I have been looking at Removal tools , I thinks these look closest to the original ones that came(and went, sorry) with the original unit :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-Car-CD-Radio-Removal-Release-Keys-Stereo-Extraction-Tools-Pins-Pair-/260494596591

The old unit comes out very easily but has a 'Rats nest' of connections at the back. because of all the functions it has to perform.

Take care when removing the plastic surround trim, it is easy to break, be gentle but firm.

What do you intend to do ? Repair or replace ?

As for contact with Autotrail, I have phoned them on several occasions asking for Information or Verbal assistance (This was a new vehicle in 2012 and still under warranty) I found them very Unhelpful, almost rude and dismissive. Luckily my Dealer Continental Leisure vehicles are much better and friendly.

But Autotrail spares are still VERY expensive (IMO). But overall, now happy with our choice.

Ray

Archived