Blocked gas ring

Richard Stokes

We have a 2006 La Strada Regent L with a Dometic/cramer hob and stove. Some rice cooking water has spilled over on the gas ring and appears to have blocked the jets. We have tried to clean out the ring but, without removal, which seems impossible, cannot solve the problem. I cannot believe that my wife is the first to do this so anyone who knows the solution please advise!

Hi Richard, sorry not come across this, but maybe if you try spraying some of that kitchen cleaner which DISSOLVES grease (like Civit Bang in a drop of boiling hot water) INTO the little holes and leave it a while then that might help do you think....

If anybody out there, and this is likely to do damage can you come back quickly please :-|

Richard, just had a thought on slightly different matter whilst thinking of your rice boiling over. What I do to save on messy cleaning and to keep the hob like new, is to layer tin foil over the hob, cut out circles for the rings and press down. Any accidents of splashing or boiling over and it all goes onto the foil which can be replaced when necessary and the hob stays like new. Joy

Same problem sometimes on our domestic cooker Richard. When actually cleaning I turn the gas up full on that particular jet. This stops anything going down into pipes which might cause future problems. Only takes a few seconds to do and just make sure you have plenty of ventilation.

• 3 weeks later...

Beleive it or not CIF bathroom mouse 99p Tescos its only mouse but boy it does the cooker brilliantly ...I had tried everything for blocked rings and mess Cilit Bnag rubbish all of it .

One day I was doing the cleaning and I though hello i will try this Cif bathroom it does the bath wonderful my daughter is a farrier and the grease from the forge everday sit around the bath it shifts that wonderfuly i will try it on the cooker HEY PRESTO brilliant stuff .

Not sure the cooker is supposed to smell so lovely and lemony though :D

Archived