Cello TV

rooster63

Recently bought a new Cello Traveller TV, 19" model to replace the 10 year Mobile TV originally supplied in van. What a difference! The old TV consistently said 'no signal' and I just assumed that the flying saucer omni-directional aerial was to blame. Now with the new TV it is picking up signals really well even in an area of Wales where the camp site info stated there was a poor signal. I had to do some re-wiring as the old TV was directly wired into the 12V system and I needed to accommodate the voltage regulator which was attached to a cigarette lighter type plug. I did this by buying a female cigarette socket and wiring that into the 12V supply. Found out that if you got the polarity wrong it will blow the regulator so check the polarity of the supply!!

We bought a new Elddis Sunseeker 115 in May 2015 and for the TV Ariel there is just a whip Ariel (like the radio type), said to my Misses should that receive any TV stations I will eat my hat and I must say these hat's are very hard to digest, even on sites with TV hook ups it has managed to receive a quality signal.

Pete

Just bought a 22" Cello Traveller for the new van as we were pleased with the 19" in the last van.

Hymer only use a short whip aerial with an amplifier so you have to remember to turn on the 5V antenna supply on the TV. The little whip even picks up HD.

rooster63 - 2017-04-21 2:41 P

Recently bought a new Cello Traveller TV, 19" model to replace the 10 year Mobile TV originally supplied in van. What a difference! The old TV consistently said 'no signal' and I just assumed that the flying saucer omni-directional aerial was to blame. Now with the new TV it is picking up signals really well even in an area of Wales where the camp site info stated there was a poor signal. I had to do some re-wiring as the old TV was directly wired into the 12V system and I needed to accommodate the voltage regulator which was attached to a cigarette lighter type plug. I did this by buying a female cigarette socket and wiring that into the 12V supply. Found out that if you got the polarity wrong it will blow the regulator so check the polarity of the supply!!

I got one recently as well.

If you find a way of disabling the voice-over that are on some channels for the partially sighted, let me know. I can do it on the channel I'm watching in the menu but if I change channel the Audio Description on the new channel it chimes in again.

I must be doing something wrong methinks.

Ditto on the tuning - magic.

Cheers

B-)

Hi,

Like you I had thought I had disable the AD, couldn't work out why it kept coming back, hadn't realised it was due to a channel change.

Emailed Cello to ask their help, reply below, haven't tried it yet.

"Can you please try and do a full factory reset, you will need to tune the TV back in again once the reset is done, instructions are below...

Let me know if you are still having issues with audio description after the reset please

Thank you

Jayne

How to do a Factory reset on a Cello TV

Press SOURCE on the remote, then 2, 5 8, 0 very quickly.

The factory settings menu should appear on the screen.

Scroll down to either RESET ALL and click OK or scroll down to SHIPPING MODE,

use right arrow key to move across then select RESET ALL click OK

The TV should turn itself off, sometimes this could take about 30 – 60 Secs.

Turn TV back on and it will do a re-tune, just follow the on screen instructions.

Perhaps give it a try and let me know how you got on.

Archived