Cheap X250 windscreen wiper blades

spospe

• 7 months later...
spospe - 2017-11-05 7:39 PM

As per the title, I have used these over the past year and they are perfectly OK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Ducato-2006-Onwards-AERO-FLAT-FRONT-WINDSCREEN-WIPER-BLADES-26-034-22-034-/221511997484?

You've been robbed - I get mine from home bargains for £2 (lol)

Original Equipment may be 22" and 26" as your link.

But 24"" and 26" is better

As with so many things in life, yer pays yer money and takes yer choice.

I am inclined to think that Bosch wiper blades are overpriced but they do last well, clear the screen well, and best of all on a long wet holiday they are quieter than cheap blades in my experience .

I have spent too many hours looking out of a wet windscreen listening to scrapey wiper to buy cheapies any more and there are lots of online sellers giving decent discounts these days.

But if 'el cheapo' wipers work for you that is fine, good luck with them!

Tracker - 2018-06-29 5:42 PMI have spent too many hours looking out of a wet windscreen listening to scrapey wiper

usually caused by the blade not being at right angles to the windscreen and easily solved by a quick twist of the wiper arm :-D (PS: hold the wiper arm with pliers to twist it, rather than grasping and straining the blade)

Tracker - 2018-06-29 5:42 PM

there are lots of online sellers giving decent discounts these days.

:

.......because the blades were over-priced st start with.

Yes, SOME cheap blades are crap.

You need to look at the parts themselves.

Not just look at the price ticket as though its proof of quality.

If 'you get what you pay for' there would be no such things as scams or rip-offs. :-D

• 2 months later...
There is a often a difference in manufacturing process between cheap and quality wiper rubbers. The cheap items are normally made by a  moulding process whereas the better quality rubbers are made by the extrusion method. Generally as a Siamese pair then slit with a razor type blade to provide a very crisp wiping edge. The quality of the wiping edge on the moulded rubber is dependent on the condition of the mould. Cheap wiper -  read very little mould maintenance to keep costs down. As has been said you get what you pay for! The design of the complete wiper incorporates some quiet complex engineering to ensure proper operation. Eg Small variations in clearance between the claws on the metal backbone and the rubber carrier can have a significant effect on the smooth transition of the blade across the windscreen. In my experience diesel sediment on the window glass is the worst cause of poor wiper performance. Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Have to say that I'm in the pay a little more gang.

I've had the ones from Home Bargains and Ebay and they simply don't last as long or (In my opinion) clear the screen as well as brands like Bosch. I tend to buy mine from Carparts4less as they are reasonably priced and the website always seems to run a discount code of some sort to bring the price down even more.

RTL452 - 2018-10-15 10:27 AM

Have to say that I'm in the pay a little more gang.

I've had the ones from Home Bargains and Ebay and they simply don't last as long or (In my opinion) clear the screen as well as brands like Bosch. I tend to buy mine from Carparts4less as they are reasonably priced and the website always seems to run a discount code of some sort to bring the price down even more.

I agree!

Why make the same mistake twice when there are still so many new mistakes we can make?

As my old boss used to say - some guys have many year of experience and others seem to have one year of experience many times!

• 1 year later...

Archived