Conkers

Wingpete

I have a street full of bit conker trees that are now shedding their fruits.

Every spring time, I have the task of digging out those which have germinated in my garden.

Is there a prophylactic that I can squirt on the trees to prevent the fruits from germinating next spring ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof
Wingpete - 2007-09-23 9:14 PM I have a street full of bit conker trees that are now shedding their fruits. Every spring time, I have the task of digging out those which have germinated in my garden. Is there a prophylactic that I can squirt on the trees to prevent the fruits from germinating next spring ?

I don't think there is, which is a pity, because your father should have been sprayed with it.

Thanks for inaccurate advice, the word in dicxtionary is " a medicine to prevent", no mention of condoms in the Oxford I have.

And dad was sprayed, by German shrapnel at Dunkirk. Only collected 38 pieces, so survived, by being a Tough British Tommy.

And I have inherited his GENES (in case the word was missinterpreted again ) so watch out Carpoof, OOOPs's carprof. >:-)

Guest caraprof
Wingpete - 2007-09-24 6:23 PM Thanks for inaccurate advice, the word in dicxtionary is " a medicine to prevent", no mention of condoms in the Oxford I have. And dad was sprayed, by German shrapnel at Dunkirk. Only collected 38 pieces, so survived, by being a Tough British Tommy. And I have inherited his GENES (in case the word was missinterpreted again ) so watch out Carpoof, OOOPs's carprof. >:-)

Mmmm - 'Dicxtionary?' 'missinterpreted?' You've either got a really crap dictionary or you're from the shallow end of that gene pool that you're banging on about.

Guest caraprof
Hymer C 9. - 2007-09-25 10:50 PM Caraprof, whats the matter Frank you seem to have your nasty head on lately, Carol. :-|

Why do you say that? Have you seen my contributions to a few of the current topics, all of which are helpful?

I suspect that Wingpete is the old TC101 in another name. He posts stupid questions with a view to people falling into the trap of answering them seriously and making a fool of themselves. This one is typical of him.

The guy's an idiot and I'll treat him as such if you don't mind, besides which, you seem more upset about it than he does!

Caraprof. Have you had your bumps felt lately ? Phrenology is a science that could benefit from your illogical and useless diatribe into the fields of unreasonable antagonisms.

But anyway. I am not your afeared TC110 ( or whatever his psyeudonim is) just me, a pensioner with more skills and knowledge of the reality of life than you apparently heve been able to achieve, with a commensurate undertanding of the needs of those who live an insecure lifestyle that you so emphatically illustrate by your lack of compassion or comprehension of the needs of others to express themselves in a humerous and non-aggressive manner, so making the world a place more realsitic than that which the undeducated and irrelvant occupy. Have I touched a sensitive spot? Just get real man and stop being a pain in the bum by being so divisive when all that I have contributed is a light hearted and apt seasonal comment about conkers. If you were always the conker player that lost, 'cos your conkers were inferior, then I can understand.

My conker is a 70'er. and there's plenty in my road to prove it. They are laying in my garden and street, waiting for someone to pick them up.

Be my guest. My life has been full of bigots.

And thank you Carol, you sentiments appreciated, whatever Caraprof profers. PS This is not a spelling competition

Guest caraprof

Mmmm, really touched a nerve here haven't I Wingy? And it's a bloody good job it's not a spelling competition! It's a long time since I've seen such a badly spelt and grammatically incorrect load of old tosh! It's not for you to talk about the uneducated Wingy old chap.

Isn't there a saying about stones and glass houses?

So, you understood my sentiments then? No trouble with my poor grammar then either? Just that I never did well at school, too many bombs to shelter from, but did my best in later years, until I was faced with the facts that subordinates in my occupation, with "O" levels had ,such poor comprehension of English and an even worse ability to write, I found myself, with no qualifications, becoming a tutor to enable them to write a formal document.

Now I am having to decipher texting message, as the correct words seem to be no longer a viable means of communication.

So, yes, my nerve has been touched, by your uncalled for bigoted diatribe, apparently placing yourself above all others in your declared intention to undermine contributors to this forum, in a callous and insentive manner. And not for the first time either. Others have sensed your desire to subjugate those less well endowed than yourself.

So, get off the backs of mere mortals, and find yourself a shrine to preach in. Final word. When I see your name in a forum message, I shall move onto the more sane commentators. >:-(

Ohhh Frank, Why oh Why do you keep doing this.? Do you not realise what people think of you on the other side of the screen. I am sure in life you are probably a very nice gentleman but sadly and I cannot for the life of me understand why you get behind the keyboard and are constantly unkind to complete strangers.

You say you don't wave at people who you don't know so how can you be so nasty to those people for no reason. You are always on the defence and never miss a chance to tell us what a wonderful life you have and have made a marvellous empire for yourself.

I am very happy for you but others too have a great life and belong great clubs but they don't all wait for you to write something they don't agree with and jump down your throat straight away. (if you feel they do then it is probably in retaliation for a previous post of yours)

Please try and be a bit kinder to people and step back a second before you click submit and think do I really need to be so unsympathetic and antagonistic. So many on here have given you lots of chances but you just rebuff them constantly, one minute you are agreeing with them the next you are down their throats with a pick axe!

I just know you are going to come back at me now and accuse me of being someone else, as no one could possibly think badly of you but I assure you I am me and do feel very sad about some of the things you say to people.

So carry on and attack as I am quite sure you are going to.

Mandy

Guest starspirit

Well said Mandy and Pete - I'm with you both on this one - Frank's arrogance, narrow mindedness, pedantry and petulance are a real turn off and a real and persistent pain in the bum.

I campaigned hard for him not to be banned earlier this year because I think once we lose our entitlement to free speech it is an even more slippery slope than our society is already on.

However, according to she who must be obeyed, I am entitled to be wrong once every year so I put my hands up to it and accept that this was it.

Caraprof, Sorry not to have replied to your comments to me earlier, (things to do you know), yes I have seen your recent posts and agree a lot of these are helpful, and given in good spirit, then all of a sudden you go off on a tangent like the comment about the York show photo (not necessary). Then someone puts a comment on you take exception to and you get all superior, and aggressive and I don't see the need and like you I am entitled to my opinion. When you have your good head on I think you are one of the helpful pleasant users of the forum. You asked so thats my thoughts and no I don't want to get into a slangingmatch with anyone. Regards Carol.

Archived