You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

 Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Posted: 18 July 2018 2:54 PM
Subject: Cri'Air
Having a look around

Posts: 22

My Autosleeper Executive on Peugeot is ref. 2003. Too old for Autosleeper to supply a Cert. of Performance. I have contacted Peugeot and they want £170 to supply it. Has anyone else had this problem and found a way around it?
Posted: 18 July 2018 3:34 PM
Subject: RE: Cri'Air
A posting machine

Posts: 376

I’ve just read latest MMM - a letter on Crit’Air (p17) got a response to say most MH V5s don’t contain emissions figures. And that there are benefits in not having them, particularly for new MHs. If you want the Certificate of Performance just for the emissions figure , you may be well advised to apply with simply a scanned copy of the V5 as it stands - don’t worry about getting emissions figures.

Other points are that you need to keep the V5 scan image size to below 400 MB - easier if you just scan the page with all the detail on, p2 from memory. And obviously use the French government site direct, at rather than the third party rip off merchants.
Posted: 18 July 2018 9:37 PM
Subject: RE: Cri'Air

Forum master

Posts: 2160
Location: Dethleffs A5881 Staffordshire

It sounds like Autosleeper and Peugeot are talking about a certificate of conformity, which isn't needed, crit'air stickers are issued by the French government, not the manufacturers.
It will be based on the date of registration, not emissions.

Edited by Billggski 2018-07-18 9:41 PM
Posted: 14 August 2018 4:46 PM
Subject: RE: Cri'Air
Having a look around

Posts: 22

Thank you both for your replies and sorry for the delay in replying but I don't live on my pc. I have now discovered that I do not need the information costing £170 and will now be applying for my Crit Air. Many thanks.
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 16 August 2018 2:10 PM
Subject: RE: Cri'Air

Location: MODERATOR - 2015 Rapido 640F LHD 2.3ltr 150bhp


I don’t anticipate you having problems applying for a French emissions ‘sticker’ for your motorhome, but you might wish to browse through this related forum discussion

Just to repeat my advice there, if you follow the steps listed below, you will obtain the ‘best’ sticker possible for your 2003-registered Auto-Sleepers Executive. (Assuming that your motorhome is diesel-fuelled, this should be a “4” sticker.)

1: IRRESPECTIVE OF THE MOTOR CARAVAN’S MAXIMUM OVERALL WEIGHT, always choose the “Private cars” option for the "Vehicle category [Champ J**]” box.

2: Always choose the “No indication of the environmental category” option for the “Indication of the environmental category [Champ V.9**]” box.

3: If the motorhome’s V5C does have a CO2 (g/km) figure in its Field V.7, enter that figure in the "CO2(in g/km) [Champ V.7**]” box. Otherwise leave that box empty.

Upload a copy of the 2nd page of the motorhome’s V5C registration certificate - that’s the page with “UK Registration Certificate” in blue in the top-left corner.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator