Dartford Crossing

Mickt

Has anybody opened a Dart Tag account. I started mine some 6 weeks ago and despite promises

have not received a Tag. Every time I speak to them I get the answere that it is on it,s way

Anybody got a Tag or are they just playing me along.

The lady I have just spoken to said that when you have an account the money is taken off in about 2

hours. My last crossing took 5 days before it went on the account.

The reason is that when I opened my account I was promise one for each vehicle and since making further telephone calls to them I am told it is on it,s way.

When making a crossing the Tag makes a noise when it registers.

Looking at the press there seems to be many complaints of people being charged wrong ,ie being

charged twice for the same crossing.

Also foreign drivers according to the news are being let of off paying.

• 3 weeks later...
Used the crossing yesterday on way home from France and paid last night on line at a cost of £2.50. As we go over to France 3 times a year but not sure if its worth the bother of setting up an account as we don't always go via Dartford don't like the way things are working with the payments like with the minimum amount in the account and the 12 month rule but as you have more than one car and use it more good luck to you.

For Zydeco Joe, if you go over 6 times a year and pay £2.50 per crossing that is £15.00, go over using the online system at £1.67 per crossing that is £10.02, Surely £4.98 savings per 6 crossings is better of in your pocket !

Zydeco Joe - 2015-07-05 10:59 PM

We don't always go down the M1/ Dartford route but via M40 so it would not work for us well I think not but time will tell. It is a good saving so I can see the reason for taking out an account so if we change our route I will, thanks.

Got to agree with you .

:-D

Archived