Dissolvable toilet paper?

The Fonz

Whats the benifits of using the expensive dissolvable toilet paper to regular toilet paper?

*-)

Over the past 18 months or so I have used regular toilet paper without any major issues however I did purchase some dissovlable toilet paper earlier in the year and noticed that it does seem to dissolve well but is it really worth the extra cash?

The soluble paper is intended for use in installations that rely on septic tanks. If all the disposal facilities you use are connected to mains drainage, there is no need. However, many disposal facilities in rural areas are on septic tanks, and the non-soluble paper, some of which contains synthetic fibre for "wet strength", does not dissolve and can choke the systems. So, the "kind" default is to use soluble, as it is equally acceptable in either type of system.

Who cares if it disolves?

As long as it all flushes out of the cassette when you rinse it - assuming that you do rinse it out after emptying, and I always rinse out until the water runs clear, two or three goes usually - why does it matter if it has disolved or not as it will surely disolve eventually in the holding tank or septic tank, or wherever it all ends up!

My dear wife insists on Andrex and we have never had any issues with it clogging the cassette.

This video-clip compares the fast-dissolving aspect of Thetford’s “Aqua Soft” toilet paper compared to the ‘ordinary’ product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHo5fO_MOqA

Whether the special paper is worth the extra cost is often asked and the Camping and Caravannong Club’s advice is here

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/helpandadvice/gettingstarted/campingequipment/toilets/

Thank you everyone for your helpful advise.

It would seem that if you use regular toilet paper with a cassette type toilet and you do not over use toilet paper then it should be fine. I will not be buying the extra dissoluble again.

Happy travels all!

I was given some as samples once was worse than standard stuff, just a marketing con.

We always stock up on French or German bog rolls they are narrower than UK ones do the job just as well but not throwing so much paper in the bog.

Also if you drive the van before emptying every thing dissolves just a slurry to empty.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived